The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Dahl vs Dali!
- No reviews.
- The Islington Metal Works
As an unreal antidote to the jaundiced January pallor, Rumpus is here to massacre the melancholy and furnish your February fix of tip-top, non-stop, animalistic amusement!
For 1 night, across 7 rooms and 8 phantasmagorical hours, Rumpus is back, bursting to the brim with live bands, DJs playing everything from turbo gypsy to Drum’n’Bass, art exhibitions, immersive theatre and walkabout performers.
Delve into a dazzling dream-scape of Dali-esque delights peopled with the inimitable inhabitants from the imagination of Roald Dahl.
It is with great excitement and no little trepidation that we lay before you this opulent opportunity for outlandish, hypnogogic and iconographic imaginings
Grab your gumption, take a long swig of marvellous medicine and prepare to perambulate through the fields of surreal.
What's more, more is more!
Back from the past, with fresh and inky promise, those incredible indelible masters of the craft: The Rumpus pARTy Collective - a hit squad of artists, veterans of vignettes so dangerous that their pencils are legally classed as weapons.
For tickets and more information, please be clicking here
Psst! Looking for some Mumpus? Did you know Rumpus does free Mum Tickets? If you want to show your Mum* what it is you do on a Friday night, she can get in for free!
*Dads count too.
Wacky Willy Wonkas, Peachy Peoples, Marvellous Mr Foxes, Mummys and DaDas, Rambunctious Roly Poly Birds, Piquant Picassos, Orange-cheeked Oompa-Loompas, Apple-cheeked Magrittes, Feathered pranksters Funky Frida Kahlos, Twits both Mr and Mrs, Constellations of Joan Miros, Terrifying Trunchbulls, Mystical Mugglewumps, BFGs
Cool Beans Collective Off the rails tune selection from these rambunctious reprobates hunting down and delivering dance floor fillers and swung out bombs for set after infectiously pumping set!
Rogue Siesta - Get nice and sweaty with both kinds of dance music: reggae and ska
Loud Noises Brass Band - Does what it says on the tin, but with nobs on! Classy, brassy songsters.
Vibe Roulette - Two DJs! Two MCs! Dance with chance. Spin the Wheel and ask yourself; Are you feeling lucky, punk?
Wonderland - these radiant Rumpus regulars are taking up the baton for DJ shenanigans. The party is marvellously, magically, mad…and all for a good cause!
Watch this space as more line-up to be announced soon.
Jon Bongly - Feel the force of positive energy skillfully spinning anything with a swing. Happy music make feel nice.
Op Sa! – whirl and stomp with these fiery, tipsy gypsy Balkan beats bandsters.
Counting Coins - Get ready to skank, pogo, mosh, jig, polka and maybe even waltz. No enemies, no strangers – GET INVOLVED!
Heleness - tripping from blistering, punchy breakbeats, tribally techno, hypnotic tech house, sleazily grinding electro, to more mellow deep house and tropical Afro and Balearic beats.
NeoPink: NeoDroid - A performance DJ experience with live Djembe drumming over a pulsating African rhythm infused electronic dancescape. There may be DROiDs
Room 4 - The Cake Room
Swamp stomp string band - bonanza of bouncing banjos and bass!
Happy Biegel Klezmer Orkester - guaranteed to make you laugh, dance, and cry, all at the same time.
The Rin Tins - are you ready for folk fuelled jazz jive boogie?
Spanner jazz punks - Anarcho-Gallic Extravagance - the troublesome offspring of a frenetic marriage between sleazy punk jazz and psychedelic performance art.
DJ Eltham John - Playing and flailing some tipsy gypsy dirty dancehall messy mash-up and circus bezerkers.
Room 5 - The Courtyard
The Alchemist and his wizard posse return to transform the Courtyard with their chilled out beats and bass.
Room 6 - Wonderland Cafe
If a dance floor full of this wonderful crew wasn’t enough prepare for the all the cosy splendour of our favourite festive café. It’s time for tea and cakes with these whimsically wonderful charitable Wonderland Creatures
Room 7 - Rumpus CineRave
VJ Harper returns to send you on a sensory excursion up the stairs…and beyond!
|Super Quantum Ticket of Doom||-||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||-||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||-||£20.00|
|Full Price Ticket||-||£30.00|
7 Torrens St EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.