RA Summer Lates: The Other Paradise
- No reviews.
- Royal Academy of Arts
The RA becomes your playground for the night...
Come and experience art, music, cocktails, mermaid life drawing, performance art, tropical funk DJs, craft activities, talks and more at the RA’s end of summer party on Piccadilly.
Wander through our courtyard, temporary nomadic yurt and gilded Fine Rooms to discover mermaid life drawing, tropical disco dancing, an immersive production of Milton’s Paradise Lost, palm trees, secret bars, Egyptian holographic fairy tales, mermaid crown making, talks on Greek mythology and utopia, Persephone-inspired performance art, and much more to be revealed …
Dress code: otherworldly sublime
Think fantastical creatures, mermaids and mermen, bewitching underworld inhabitants and mythical characters.
Need inspiration? Head to Pinterest
Step into an outdoor tropical Arcadian paradise bedecked with palm trees, sculptures and creative activities, including:
-Mermaid crown-making workshop led by headdress designer and artist Caroline Young
-African drumming performances by Henri Gao Bi
-Tropical garden photobooth and costumes by Lova Avedian and Ciara Monahan
-Plus games, soundscapes, sculptures and artist installations to be announced
Enter our large-scale temporary yurt to discover:
Mermaid Life Drawing with Art Macabre
Tropical Funk DJ set by DJ Kobayashi
'Paradise Lost' experience
Immersive production company Wilson & Hart present a reimagining of Milton’s Paradise Lost epic. Enter into the purgatorial airport and choose your route through the RA’s gilded Fine Rooms. The choices you make will lead you to Heaven or Hell, where communal salvation or an isolating nightmare await…
Lose yourself in live performances inspired by myths and fairy tales
Holographic visuals and live music performances by artist Adeline Rozario, inspired by Egyptian Fairy Tales
Live performance art by artist Lia Ikkos, a retelling of the Persephone myth incorporating opera, dance and electronic music
Underworld, Utopia and sci-fi lectures
Join a series of discussions and informal talks led by historians and academics about Utopia, sci-fi, mythical cults and ancient festivals.
Matisse's Paper Garden
Take part in this drop-in workshop creating paper flowers and foliage inspired by our current exhibition Matisse in the Studio
Plus exclusive after-hours private view of the RA's exhibitions including:
Summer Exhibition 2017, Matisse in the Studio and Second Nature: The Art of Charles Tunnicliffe RA
(note that entry is subject to exhibition capacities on the night)
Street food stalls and cocktail bars
A selection of London’s finest street food stalls provided by Feast It, with cocktail bars by Peter Spanton
And more to be revealed ...
Watch this space for more programme announcements, including Lego building, secret bars and more spaces to discover …
"An immersive experience you won't want to miss" - List of Life
"Fantastic event with more to do than expected – a wonderful atmosphere too. Perfect for a balmy summer evening!" - Guest at RA Lates: The Summer Circus, July 2016
"Ridiculously trendy" - Culture Whisper
Ticket includes access to The Other Paradise curated entertainment, experiences and activities and after-hours private view of RA exhibitions.
|19:00 - 23:45||£45.00|
Royal Academy of Arts, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BD
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
If you like RA Summer Lates: The Other Paradise, You should also check out...