Wake Up & Dance! 30 Day Challenge
- No reviews.
- Online Event
Wake up and dance to 3 songs, every day, for 30 days. Starting on January 4th.
Join the movement of people who choose happy as their morning mood: 3 feel-good songs in just 10 minutes to start your day with a sweat and a smile. Scientific research shows that dancing releases feel-good hormones like serotonin and dopamine, and reduces cortisol, the stress hormone.
We'll be going on a musical journey from 1970 to 1999 dancing to 30 years of music in 30 days. We start on Jan 4th in 1970 and end on Feb 2nd in 1999. It's not too late to join! You can join at any time.
You can do the challenge in two ways:
In a virtual room, on zoom. Every weekday, 7.45 - 8am GMT, with no need to dress for the occasion. When we did the challenge in November, most of us were dancing in our pyjamas and bathrobes, with no make up and no filters. Just show up as you are and dance to feel good, not to look good. Basically, it's the opposite of an instagram perfect workout.
Offline, in your own time. If zoom dancing isn't for you, you can still join by dancing offline, whenever suits you best. You'll receive a daily email with 3 songs to dance to. This is also how weekend dancing will work. Zoom is only for weekdays.
You can also mix it up with a bit of both.
where did this crazy idea come from?
It came from Claudia, the Founder of Nobody's Watching. One morning, 2 minutes after waking up, she accidentally pressed play on Spotify as she was walking to the kitchen. It was In da Club by 50 Cents. She started dancing. Spotify doesn't stop unless you make it, so she kept dancing. 3 songs later, she was sweating, smiling and in a great mood. Her mood stayed high all day. So she tried again the next day, and the day after. And it continued to work. After many failed attempts at finding the right morning routine, she finally found "the thing" that actually worked. After a successful first trial in November, the Wake Up & Dance Challenge kicks off again in January.
The improved mood results have been long-lasting for her.
How long will they last for you?
Sign up to find out.
Feedback from the November Challenge
I cannot tell you how glad I am that your 30 day challenge email popped into my inbox at the weekend. I have found ‘my thing’. I now start my day with a smile on my face, a skip in my step and a secret that nobody knows about! - Brigid
Challenge Accepted - Free
We know these are tough times. If price is an issue you can join for free.
|07:45 - 08:00||Free admission|
Challenge Accepted + Donation
Help support our running costs.
|07:45 - 08:00||£5.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.