Rum Cocktails 101: Holy Rum Trinity
- No reviews.
- Online Event
We hope you are staying safe in these pandemic times. As we continue to transform our events with feedback from you, we are pleased to announce we are holding a new event series called ‘Rum Cocktails 101’ where we will teach a group of 15 people per session to create 3 classic cocktails by an expert.
On the 29th May, we will have 15 guests and our cocktail expert connect to show you three cocktails based on the 'Holy Rum Trinity' of rum, lime and sugar. These three cocktails are:
- The Daiquiri - The classic daiquiri was created in Cuba, and is named after a port town. History claims it was created by an American engineer called Jennings Cox in Cuba. Apparently, Cox was expecting guests and since he was running short of gin, he “added lime juice and sugar to the island’s pure cane rum, and a classic was born.
- Rum Punch - The term punch comes from Sanskrit and means five as the original recipe hundreds of years ago was made with five ingredients. These days we have a common rhyme for a rum punch: one part sour, two parts sweet, three parts strong and four parts weak.
- The Rum Collins – This is a twist on the Tom Collins cocktail which was named after a popular joke. This joke originated in the 1870s and involved telling somebody that a man named Tom Collins was saying bad things about them. They would tell them he was in a nearby bar with the goal of having them go out and search for a fictional man.
What will you receive?
-175ml of the chosen rum
-60ml of sugar syrup
-1x mini bitters bottle
What will you need to get hold of?
-A shaker (or a jam jar, closed water bottle etc)
-A jigger to measure, but an egg cup/teaspoon will do
-Any type of strainer
-100ml soda water
-Lots of ice to shake with, and to use in two of the drinks
-3 glasses, ideally of different types but any will do.
For these three cocktails we will have International Award Winning Bartender; Andrew Nicholls with us to lead our guests in their creation. The rum chosen for this event will be William George Rum which is incredibly diverse and proven to create amazing cocktails.
We are only releasing 15 tickets per session for this event so grab your tickets while you can – we are sure they won’t last long - delivery to the UK is included in the ticket price!
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. We cannot guarantee any replacements being sent out to you in time for the event in case of any damage occured.
14. No refund for any damage occurred by our chosen carrier.
15. No refunds once the parcel has left our care.