This week our Online Dance Party theme is Grease, the Musical. We'll learn the moves to Grease Lightning and freestyle to the rest of soundtrack's most danceable songs. Stay till the end for an open mic karaoke to You're The One That I Want.
The event takes place on zoom and you'll receive the zoom link in your ticket confirmation.
About Nobody's Watching Online Dance Parties
When not in lockdown, Nobody's Watching hosts feel-good silent disco events. When in lockdown, we're encouraging you to keep singing and dancing with us from your own homes. Wherever you are in the world, join our online dance parties to dance like nobody’s watching. We need it now more than ever. When the virus isolates us, we'll use music to stay connected. Uplifting music, everybody welcome, child friendly.
Here’s how it works:
- There’s a playful total-beginner dance tutorial at the beginning to kick things off in style and get you ready to dance like Nobody’s Watching (this may or may not involve recreating an iconic music video)
- After the warm up, it’s freestyle dancing to your own groove. There are no right or wrong moves and there's no judgement. Do whatever you feel like doing. Want to air guitar? Go for it! Want do a funky chicken? Funk that chicken, baby. Want to just close your eyes and get lost in the music? You do you.
- The playlists are greatest hits that you’re encouraged to sing along to. This is communal breaking out into song and dance.
- The music is upbeat and fast; it will keep you moving and you’ll find that by the end you’ve accidentally done a great cardio work out.
- High quality audio is streamed straight to your laptop
- We’ll use Zoom.us, which you’ll need to download in advance. Find it here https://zoom.us/download (mobile and desktop friendly)
- Video is optional. The more we can see other people dance the more fun this will be, but not everyone will be comfortable using their video and that’s totally fine. If you remove your video.
- Mics are muted except the big hello at the start and the big sing-along on the last song
Our fundraiser for food banks
This event is about coming together and helping each other get through this emergency. It's free of charge for those who aren't able to pay; it's donation based for those who are able to contribute. 100% of donations go to our fundraiser for The Trussell Trust Food Banks