Sarah L King Quintet
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
We love the charm, fun, warmth, and sass of jazz vocalist & composer Sarah L King.
Along with her quintet, Sarah will treat you to an evening of her favourite jazz standards as well as a preview of some of her own compositions from her forthcoming original album!
Expect an evening of much loved and recognisable jazz standard songs with one or two soul influenced surprises and some brand new originals. Sarah's warm and friendly personality puts audiences at their ease so they can sit back and enjoy the high calibre of musicianship of her gifted band alongside her velvet & heartfelt vocals.
'Sarah's voice has that silky and emotional classic jazz quality that a lot of artists strive for' -TheJazzLoopNet.work
In 2020 she released her very first EP "What's New?" and has been writing and recording ever since. We can't get enough of Sarah's latest original release: "Willows" (2021) an EP and an original single, & she is currently working on an album of original songs with her quintet. Sarah's love of jazz started early, influenced by her jazz trumpeter father. She has sung solo in soul & gospel choirs in London at venues including the Southbank’s Festival Hall, before emerging as a solo artist. Sarah has learnt from esteemed artists including Lee Gibson at Mehr Clef School, & studied at Morley College of Music and London Academy. She has played with many top musicians on the London jazz scene and regularly collaborates on songwriting with acclaimed musical arranger and vocal coach Mike King.
Doors open an hour before the show
|20:30 - 23:00||£15.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.