Résonances Workshop with Aurelie Freoua
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
100% OF ALL PROFIT FOR WOMEN IN JAZZ MEDIA FOR THIS EVENT GOES TO THE MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION*
Aurelie Freoua leads an immersive performance event, combining art, poetry, music, and dance.
As a painter, Aurelie is inspired by live art as a subject and Since 2017, has been developing Résonances.
Each performance takes you on a journey of creation, improvisation and interactions between multiple art forms. This audio-visual experience creates dynamic dialogues between different disciplines, opening up new avenues of inspiration.
The workshop aims at exploring how these art forms interact with each other, and then it's your turn!
We will be exploring how the music and musical instruments influence how we paint through our choices of colours, shapes, and materials we use to create textures but also how the artworks are guiding the music (two-way dialogue). We'll also be joined by poet and facilitator, Joly Licks who will be performing and setting a mini writing exercise, fellow artist Ley Loosh, dancer Petra Haller and the music will be provided by saxophonist Jessica Bullen with special guest, flautist Hyelim Kim and friends.
Everyone has their unique interpretations of the music and their own way to express visually the emotions they feel, find out yours with RÉSONANCES
*Since 1949, the Mental Health Foundation has been the UK’s leading charity for everyone’s mental health. With prevention at the heart of what they do, the MHF aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive. They take a public mental health approach to prevention, finding solutions for individuals, those at risk and for society, in order to improve everyone’s mental wellbeing.
Doors: 1pm / Show: 2 - 4pm
|14:00 - 16:00||£15.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.