- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Rouhangeze and her band. A singer of depth encased with a velvet tone, sensuality and by far, uniquely different from the flock. She teams up with polish piano extraordinaire and composer Tomasz Bura. His spirited and playful energy effortlessly supports the singing of Rouhangeze, with an interesting twist, interaction and complicity. Also joining this electric duo on stage, we have Tom Mason on Bass (Ghostpoet, Lily Allen, Questlove). They will take you on a beautiful journey tickling your senses with a sensitive, giving and passionate approach as they offer a wide genre of stylistic interpretation. Rouhangeze covers an ethnic diversity beautifully articulate in various languages, ranging from Jazz, soul, and indigenous folk influences.
"one of the best jazz bands on the current British scene", "It's a percussive fusion a la Chick Corea or Urzula Dudziak, with the vocal improvisation of the charming Rouhangeze Baichoo, reframed for today" -- Chris Phillips (JazzFM)
"An incredible writer and singer who delivers pure and raw emotions” - Linley Marthe (The Joe Zawinul Syndicate)
Rouhangeze is a contemporary multi genre singer-songwriter, composer, producer and radio presenter born on the beautiful, all intoxicating island of Mauritius; her velvet vocal tones echo the emotion and beauty of her homeland. In 2021, she was included in the She Said So, Alternative Power 100 Music List, celebrating those at the forefront of this new era for the music industry, where barriers are finally being broken! Her voice is compelling with an ease, soul and versatility. A smooth ascension of melody, technicality and heart, with exceptional timing, bringing abundant joy to any listener.
A multi-faceted artist, holistic vocal therapist and recently joining the UK's JazzFM family - hosting a new show every Friday nights, "Jazz Odyssey" celebrating unity in diversity and exploring the musical cross-pollination of Jazz and beyond. You must catch it!
Rouhangeze has performed where no other Mauritian artist has been before - a feature on London’s vibrant music scene; from Ronnie Scott’s, Tate Modern, theatres and festivals in the UK, across Europe to the legendary Olympia in Paris. We're thrilled to have her back once again at Toulouse.
Rouhangeze's latest album “EVASIO” is soon to be released.
Check out their latest single release, Planet 9 here.
On this album, she invites, collaborates and develops her compositions with some of the world’s best namely Tabla player Aref Durvesh, multi award winning guitarist Antonio Forcione, bass virtuoso Linley Marthe, Percussionist singer songwriter and pioneer of the Sega Menwar, percussionist Kersley Sham, Pianist Composer Tomasz Bura, multi award winning producer, multi-instrumentalist guitarist songwriter Eric Appapoulay and visionary percussionist Bernhard Schimpelsberger ; exploring the traditional rhythms of the Sega that she sings in her mother tongue, Mauritian Creole. Her compositions are basked in the colours of Africa and India influenced by her love of Jazz and the marriage between electronic and organic sounds.
Ride the waves of this bands beautiful music and have your date be spellbound! Book your table now
PHOTO CREDIT: TATIANA GORILOVSKY
Doors open an hour before the show
|20:30 - 23:00||£18.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.