Louise Balkwill Trio
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Expect a whole lot of fun and “you’re heartstrings to be pulled” at a Louise Balkwill (vocals) Chris Eldred (piano), and Theo Malk-Wishart (double bass) trio gig!
They're bringing their triumphant New Orleans sound to the TL Jazz Club and we can't wait! You'll be enjoying an evening with three parts of Louise's quintet - Louise and the Mailmen.Find your toes, tapping and seats nearly elevating during this dinner and a show with an extensive repertoire gliding from sunshiney tunes like “When You’re Smiling” “Shake It But Don’t Break It”. For Louise, there is no fourth wall, you’ll leave, feeling like part of the family.
Louise's love for New Orleans runs deep and she's had the pleasure of performing with some of the greatest, even recording a new track for New Orleans great, Leroy Jones, Sweeter Than a Summer Breeze, his composition featuring her lyrics and vocals. Of her talent Leroy says:
"Her voice and everything else that comes with the package of a master vocalist is pure soul, swing and fire!"
Don’t think you could ask for a better endorsement than that.
As a lyricist, multi-instrumentalist - boasting some great jazz guitar and trumpet, Louise is passionate about performance and can’t get enough of the inspiration, pride and delight gained by collaborating with some of the best musicians on the scene today, having the pleasure of working with: Barry Harris, Ofer Landsberg, Liane Carroll and Brigette Beraha to name but a few.
Louise can be found, spreading her joy and talents from Oliver's in Greenwich, Ronnie Scotts and the immersive, One Night Records. With big plans for 2022, you better catch her and a couple of her mailmen while you can!
Doors open an hour before the show
|20:30 - 23:00||£12.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.