Keep On Moving presents: Shae Universe, Jerome Thomas & Pedro Edu
- The Hackney Social
Welcome to the cosmos of Shae. The star is shining bright and you are right on time. Known for pioneering the RnDrill sound, the Nigerian-born, British singer songwriter from Hertfordshire is quickly becoming a favorite in the UK music scene. The sounds of gospel and soul in her household gradually shaped her unique, sultry sound, inspired by the legacy of artists like Erykah Badu, Jazmine Sullivan, Brandy and many more. The young vocalist became widely known after the singing videos she regularly posted on Twitter gained her online acknowledgment from many artists such as Ella Mai, Stormzy, Chance The Rapper, Tory Lanez, Nao.Following attending the Grammy's, January 2020, Shae supported Sasha Keable at a sold-out Village Underground show. Using the pandemic as an opportunity to dive deeper into her creativity, Shae released her breakthrough RnDrill single titled ‘You Lose’. With confidence in her newly discovered sound, Shae released her second RnDrill single "Royalty" and its music video at the top of 2021, which features British icon Kojey Radical, followed by her most recent single 111 which is an ethereal ode to her angel numbers. There is no end to Shae's Universe and what it has to offer and she shows no sign of stopping. Shae’s debut project is set to be released in October 2021 and will show the conscious evolution of her sound.
With his debut release ‘That Secret Sauce’ for Peckham label institution Rhythm Section International, Hackney-raised Jerome Thomas is declaring the dawning of a new age for British Soul Music. Best known for his distinct, soothing sound, which samples various genres of music from Soul, Jazz, Folk to R&B and Hip Hop, Jerome has cemented himself in his very own lane as one of the most dynamic and authentic voices to have emerged from the UK. So far he has been championed by heavyweight platforms and radio stations such as Afropunk, COLORS, Clash, BBC 1Xtra, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 6 Music, Highsnobiety, Complex, MTV, i-D; and has collaborated with industry pioneers including BONDAX, Ty Macklin (Erykah Badu, India Arie), Ezra Collective’s Joe Armon-Jones; as well as Soulection’sJarreau Vandal, and Flatbush Zombies’ Erick the Architect, to mention but a few.
Finally, Pedro Edu will be introducing some little known African sounds weaved throughout a mix of Hip-Hop, NeoSoul, R&B, Future Beats, Dancehall, Amapiano, Afro House, Afrobeats, UKG, and Soca.
||18:00 - 22:00||£5.00|
The Hackney Social, 11, Bohemia Place, London, E8 1DU
Hackney Central (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.