JAY RAYNER QUARTET
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Restaurant critic Jay Rayner, undoubtedly the best jazz pianist in Britain - of all the judges on MasterChef - leads an ensemble of top flight musicians through a compelling and vivid night of the very best of song-writing and jazz.
Expect blistering performances of iconic tunes from jazz greats like Herbie Hancock, Horace Silver and Dexter Gordon, through to song-writing legends including Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen and Joan Armatrading. All of this comes liberally seasoned with extraordinary, often outrageous, sometimes filthy stories from Jay’s life in the worlds of food and journalism. He may also rant about chefs serving food on slates. Jay really hates food served on slates.
Since forming the Jay Rayner Quartet in 2012, the band have played some of the most prestigious music venues in Britain, including Ronnie Scott’s, King’s Place and Snape Maltings. They’ve performed live on BBC Radio 3, been supported by Will Young (kind of; he played after them) and have made a point, while on tour, of eating better than any other jazz ensemble in the UK, courtesy of Jay encouraging top restaurants to send their best dishes backstage ahead of the show.
A night spent with the Jay Rayner Quartet promises great music, killer stories and often quite inappropriate laughter. With the bassist Robert Rickenberg, saxophonist Dave Lewis and singer Pat Gordon-Smith.
Doors: 7:00pm / Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
|20:30 - 23:00||£16.00|
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.