Supper and live session with Tasos Stamou & Mike Cooper
- No reviews.
- Clapton Sound & Kitchen
Presenting a special evening combining an exclusive house gig and a delicious selection of Greek-fusion dishes and mezes. The event will take place at our special premise with traditional and hacked-rebetiko music, performed by London based Greek musician Tasos Stamou and his frequent collaborator, Rome based Mike Cooper. Cooper is a notorious figure among reformers of song writing, post-blues and exotica electronics towards the borders of electroacoustic music and free improvisation.
The evening will be complimented by a menu of traditional and experimental Greek inspired organic & seasonal dishes cooked by Tamara Tahhan, teacher at Made in Hackney, blogger and supper club host https://claptonkitchen.com. Her recipes are featured in the 'Stories On Our Plate' recipes and conversations book that will be released in late September 2018 http://www.soopstories.com/
To view the sample menu on a mobile device, scroll right on the subsection header (description / ticket times / location / menus). All dietary requirements can be catered for. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
Electroacoustic music composer, improviser, instrument maker and tutor of alternative music technology. A major part of his practice is reinterpretation of folk and other sorts of “old” music, brought to a contemporary context. His latest vinyl album “Musique Con Crete” has been fully featured at the WIRE magazine (July issue) as a subject of interest towards the blend of traditional Cretan music and electronic experimentation.
For the past 50 years he has been an international artistic explorer constantly pushing the boundaries. He plays lap steel guitar and sings, he is an improviser and composer, song-maker, a visual and installation artist; film and video maker and radio arts producer. Initially a folk-blues guitarist he is as responsible as anyone else- and more so than many — for ushering in the acoustic blues boom in the U.K. in the mid ’60s. ‘Cooper, now in his seventies, is making the most adventurous music of his life… incredibly rich and evocative, and as a live performance, it’s utterly flawless. Cooper takes live guitar processing and sampling as his raw material, using it to build something complex and substantive, full of ideas and surprises, not just abandoning it half-formed. – (Jonathan Dean – Brainwashed.) Cooper’s music, in any of its forms, seems drunk on the intermingling of folk traditions, searching for a spot between them all that renders the strange familiar and vice versa. He is an improvisatory musician, one who generates his music in sheets, loops, and layers, and he seems to accrete these found-sound albums like a spider spins silk, or a vine grows pumpkins. They just appear, fattened and ripe, the fruits of his memories, travels, and idiosyncrasies.” – Pitchfork.
Clapton Sound & Kitchen event ticket
Live Session of hacked and traditional Rebetiko Music with Tasos Stamou & Mike Cooper with dinner
|19:30 - 23:00||£36.00|
Clapton Sound & Kitchen, Full address disclosed after booking, Clarence Road, Hackney
Hackney Central (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.