British Standard Time ft. Carroll Thompson and Freddie Benedict
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
A great evening of vocal jazz by British songwriters from the jazz era to the present day.
Carroll Thompson and Freddie Benedict front this swinging tribute to British songwriters past and present, launching the album 'British Standard Time' with Alex Webb (piano), Mikele Montoli (bass) and Sophie Alloway (drums).
'Absolutely brilliant! I have had the privilege to review some good albums this year and this is right up there with the very best’ - Simplyjazztalk.blog
'British songwriters rule the world’ – The Guardian.
‘British Standard Time’ is a unique jazz project in which pianist/arranger Alex Webb presents an evening of British songwriting at its best, with some of the top jazz vocalists in the UK. From the jazz-era masters Ray Noble and Eric Maschwitz to music theatre writers like Antony Newley, Leslie Bricusse and Lionel Bart, from the pop giants Lennon & McCartney to Elvis Costello and Amy Winehouse, Webb mines a rich seam of material and present it in a cool, contemporary jazz format.
Doors open an hour before the show
|20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.