Lily Dior & William Byrne present the Songs of Schpeedle Bumpkin, (aka Peter Matthews)
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
The band recorded a live album here at the Toulouse Lautrec on their last performance here in August which will be available soon.
Jazz vocalists Lily Dior and William Byrne will be singing the Peter Matthews’ songbook, plus some classics from the Great American songbook. Lily Dior hails from Australia and has delighted audiences at all the top London clubs with her rich, warm, vibrant voice and magnetic interpretations of the jazz classics. William Byrne also has the wow factor with a voice that sizzles with the passionate bluesyness of Gregory Porter. He too appears on the top London circuit.
Lily and William are embarking on a new pairing here and we are expecting it to cause quite a stir.
Peter Matthews is a prolific jazz song writer, also based in London. His songs traverse a wide range of jazz styles and moods, marked by strong melodies and compelling lyrics. His audiences can feel confident they will be at turns moved and amused with Peter’s range of wonderful romantic, wise, and witty songs.
Lily Dior – Vocals
William Byrne – Vocals
Bob Stuckey – Piano
Winston Clifford – Drums,
Andy Hamill – Bass
Kate Shortt – Cello
There will be guest vocal appearances from Sue Jarvis, Winston Clifford and the great man himself, songwriter and raconteur Peter Matthews.
Join us for a delightful & entertaining evening!
Doors open an hour before the show
|20:30 - 23:00||£16.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.