Food & Drink, Something A Little Different, Pop-Up, Film Screenings, Date Night, Activity
Imagine taking a sip of a refreshing Oak Aged Innis & Gunn beer while being transported from the bar into a new world that heightens the senses ... this is the core of Immersive & Gunn. The virtual reality experience takes you to some of the incredible Scottish landscapes that serve as inspiration for the two beers - Original and Lager.
Innis & Gunn have collaborated with cognitive neuroscientist, Dr. Jacob Jolij, an expert on how our brain creates experiences. He explains that “Immersing the drinker in this virtual reality world created by Innis & Gunn, is a very powerful way of enhancing the taste experience. It will change the way your brain processes and interprets the signals coming from your taste buds, drawing on personal memories of sight and sound to create a unique experience of the beer for every drinker.”
To take this experience another step further, Ikigai's Michelin trained chefs have designed a paired bar menu for both beers.
Your ticket includes: two matching dishes, two beers and the immersive experience
PLEASE NOTE: Each ticket holder is required to bring a smartphone and earphones to be placed in the VR headset.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for ineffective smartphones used by the holder for the VR experience.
The food was beautiful but it really was just a taster portion, shame they didn't on a bowl of rice between the 4 of us as well. The virtual reality is a good idea but executed very poorly. For the staff and food (what there was of it) I would rate a 5 but due to the small portion and awful virtual reality experience it can only be marked much lower.
visited Ikigai on 28 Sep 2016
21 Oct 2016 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: