An Evening of Cheese and Wine with Alex James
An evening of Cheese and Wine with Alex James - Bassist of iconic British band ' Blur ' and award-winning cheese maker.
Held within the magical medieval Crypt of Ely Place, Alex James covers his runaway success with Blur,
and his transformation to becoming one of the Nation’s top cheesemakers after purchasing a farmhouse in the
cotswolds, and renovating it into a thriving cheese farm.
We will then taste a selection of his most popular cheeses, matched with outstanding wines from Trinity Hill, NZ.
Tickets include: Welcome glass of Champagne, speech by Alex James, Cheese and Wine tasting and group / table photo opportunity.
Gold award winner at the world cheese awards, this is a delectable semi-soft cheese made with rich Guernsey cows’ milk.
Sauvignon Blanc 2016 Trinity Hill - Hawkes bay
A soft washed cheese which has a subtle citrus flavour balanced with salt, and a creamy aftertaste.
Pinot Gris Mangoaraoa 2012 - Hawkes Bay
Beautiful goat's milk log rolled in thyme leaves. A favourite with fans of goat cheese.
Syrah 2016 Trinity Hill - Hawkes Bay
A rich pasteurised, sophisticated blue cheese with a wonderful soft, mellow, creamy texture.
Noble Viognier 2009, Gimblett Gravels, Hawkes Bay
* Enjoy dinner at Bleeding Heart Bistro or Tavern after the event and receive 15% off your total food bill.
14 Ely Place EC1N 8SJ
Chancery Lane (Tube)
14 Ely Place EC1N 8SJ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.