A Celebration of Italian Cheese
- No reviews.
- Dorset Square Hotel
Get to know some of Italy’s finest artisanal cheeses over dinner at The Potting Shed restaurant in Marylebone, hosted by Firmdale’s Executive Chef Joe Fox together with the much loved ‘master of cheese’ Eric Charriaux also known as Raymond Blanc’s cheese man.
The Italian-inspired evening will start with canapés and freshly baked focaccia before moving on to a three course dinner. Enjoy Strozzapreti with trombetta courgette, Cuore del Vesuvio tomatoes, basil and aged parmesan, Porchetta with salsa verde and burnt lemon, slow cooked chard and potato al forno, and finally a decadent Panna cotta with pinot noir poached cherries.
After dinner, cheese extraordinaire Eric will guide you through a tasting of six award-winning cheeses. From the buttery and fruity Taleggio to the rich Blu ’61 that is aged in red wine and cranberries, you’ll taste the breath of cheeses Italy has to offer and learn about the producers and unique qualities of each.
£85 per person includes:
A welcome drink and canapés
A three-course menu paired with a selection of wines
An expert-led tasting of six cheeses
Canapés of Melon and prosciutto, Bruschetta with broad beans, mint and pecorino and Chicken and green olives on rosemary skewers
Freshly baked focaccia
Strozzapreti with trombetta courgette, Cuore del Vesuvio tomatoes, basil and aged parmesan
Porchetta with salsa verde and burnt lemon, slow cooked chard and potato al forno
Panna cotta with pinot noir poached cherries
La Tur - A fresh and soft cheese made in Piedmont from a harmonious blend of cow’s, goat’s and sheep’s milk
Casatica di Bufala - A soft Brie style made from buffalo milk. A gentle, slightly mushroomy cheese produced in Lombardy
Pecorino Gran Riserva - A refined cave-aged cheese with a slight sweetness. Light with long flavours coming from Tuscany
Taleggio - A soft, washed-rind cow’s milk cheese produced in the north of Italy. Rich and buttery with intense aromas
Blu di capra - Also from Piedmont, this is made in the style of Gorgonzola Dolce but with goat’s milk. A wonderfully tangy alternative to the region’s favourite blue cheese
Blu ’61 - A rich, soft blue cheese from Treviso that is aged in Raboso Passito red wine and accompanied with cranberries. Enjoys a complex both sweet and salty flavour with a tangy twist
A Celebration of Italian Cheese
The Italian-inspired evening will start with canapés and freshly baked focaccia before moving on to a three course dinner.
|19:00 - 22:00||£85.00|
Dorset Square Hotel, 39-40, Dorset Square, London, NW1 6QN
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.