5 Ways Wine Can Save the World
- No reviews.
- Online Event
An online talk & tasting of delicious wines from sustainability heroes
Now is an exciting time to be a wine drinker, with a huge choice of regions and styles. But as an agricultural product, wine contributes to and is affected by climate change. How can we choose the best wine for the planet?
Through the magical medium of tasting wine we will find out:
Why should we care about the way the grapes are grown? What approaches do growers take to farm sustainably, and even tackle climate change? Are they farming grapes, or really microbes and mushrooms? What is the carbon impact of the wine we buy and how can that be reduced? Should we use valuable water to irrigate grape vines? How are conditions and prospects for vineyard and winery workers?
What's included in the ticket price:
- 6x 50ml samples per person
- Intro wine
- 5 illustrative wines including whites, orange and reds from pioneers such as Tablas Creek (USA), Carmen Stevens (SA), Davenport (UK).
- Online tasting session with Mike
- You'll receive a Zoom link before the event
- Delivery to your UK address
- One tree planted per order, to address the carbon impact of materials and shipping
- Learn about 5 major topics in sustainability and wine
- Guidance on how to get the most out of tasting
- Packaged sensibly with recyclable materials, not overpackaged!
- Booking fee included
So are these natural wines?
<p>6x 50ml tasting samples + online session</p>
|19:30 - 21:30||£40.00|
Two tickets (at same address)
<p>6x 100ml tasting samples + online session</p>
|19:30 - 21:30||£75.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged after purchase. Refunds are available up 7 days prior to the event taking place.
7. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
9. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age.