The Kitchen Theory Chef's Table
- Kitchen Theory
What happens when an experimental psychologist and a chef come together to design a multisensory dining experience?
How do colour, aroma, texture and even sound affect how you experience flavour? And do we all experience flavour in the same way? The emerging science of ‘gastrophysics’ looks to these questions and more. The award-winning Kitchen Theory Chef’s Table is widely recognised as London’s most multisensory dining experience, taking ten guests on a memorable 10 course tasting menu hosted by Experimental Chef Jozef Youssef and the Michelin trained Kitchen Theory chefs.
THE GASTROPHYSICS EXPERIENCE
This is an immersive and intimate experience giving a first-hand insight into the creative process of a chef and his team.
At the Kitchen Theory Chef’s Table, 10 guests spend 3 to 4 hours with Chef Youssef, experimental chef and multisensory experience designer and his team as they guide you through a 10 course tasting menu, designed with multisensory flavour appreciation in mind.
The chef’s table is located at the Kitchen Theory experience design studio: home to the first projection mapped Chef’s Table in London, join the team in this intimate and relaxed setting to see the chefs at work as the experience unfolds with the aid of lighting, colour, sound, aroma and textures.
This is a fun, educational and multisensory experience in the world of gastronomy.
The menu explores a broad variety of ingredients, flavours, textures, and culinary techniques, both modern and traditional. Drawing inspiration from Chef Jozef’s experience in some of London’s top Michelin Star restaurants as well as his travels across the world, the menu is peppered with references to classic European technique, Japanese philosophy (including simplicity and a respect of ingredients) and Mexican vibrancy.
Each of the ten courses are conceptually designed based on a mix of science and art, yet at their core these dishes are simply delicious ingredients married with a mix of traditional and modernist culinary techniques and served with beautiful wines and exciting cocktails.
Chef Jozef Youssef is the creative force behind the Kitchen Theory Design Studio & Chef’s Table.
Jozef’s years of experience in London’s most highly acclaimed Michelin star restaurants and hotels coupled with his academic interest in gastronomy, art and science all led to him establishing Kitchen Theory in 2010. Jozef has established himself as an authority in the field of multisensory gastronomy and gastrophysics, with ongoing research in this subject carried out in collaboration with Professor Charles Spence of Oxford University. He is a public speaker on multisensory experience design, innovation and gastronomy, including having recently shared this research as a speaker for the TEDxLSE Annual Conference 2018. When not working on research or the Chef's Table Chef Jozef can be found at the Design Studio alongside the Kitchen Theory team designing unforgettable immersive branded experiences.
A seat at the chef's table
All inclusive ticket for one person. Includes 10 courses, a premium champagne, cocktail and wine package, VAT and service. Non alcoholic available upon request.
|19:00 - 22:40||£180.00|
Kitchen Theory, Alston Works - Unit 9A, Falkland Road, Barnet, EN5 4LG
High Barnet (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded 15 business days before the event date.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.