The Birds (15)
- No reviews.
- Brompton Cemetery
Join us for our second instalment of Hitchcock horror at eerie Brompton Cemetery. Playing on our primal fear of unruly beasts, and of being the submissive in an attack, The Birds gives a bleak answer to the question; "What if...". In his follow up to Psycho, Alfred Hitchcock crafts a gory thriller of unrelenting bird attacks on an innocent town. Unlike his previous films, The Birds has no score to heighten its tension, but rather relies on the scratching, flapping, pecking sound of the birds themselves to leave you unsettled and on edge. Tippy Hendron stars in her first role as a wealthy San Francisco socialite who pursues a flirtation with a lawyer to a small Northern California town. Things turn sinister when birds of all kinds suddenly, and with no reason begin to attack and kill people. A camp classic, The Birds is a must see for any Hitchcock fan.
Join us amongst the colonnades and catacombs as we rest our souls in Brompton Cemetery for a trio of shadowy Nomad screenings this summer. First opened in 1840, steeped in history with 350 WW I & WW II Commonwealth personnel buried within the grounds, and listed as English Heritage Grade II, we’re not the first to notice its cinematic potential; David Cronenberg (Eastern Promises), Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes) and Johnny Depp (Finding Neverland) have all entered its gates.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the sensitivity of this site, there is ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS PERMITTED at Brompton Cemetery. You are welcome to BYO picnic and/or enjoy the catering on site. There will be no alcoholic drinks for sale so please bring your own if you like [plastic bottles / cans only!]
Please also note there is SEATING PROVIDED at this venue – no need for rugs, camping chairs etc! All ticketholders will receive a detailed EMAIL prior to the event with access, catering and other useful details. Check your inbox closer to the time...
Access is via OLD BROMPTON ROAD [North Gate] ONLY for screenings.
Just like The Lexi Cinema, The Nomad financially supports the fantastic work of trailblazing charity, The Sustainability Institute. Find out more...
Includes entry only.
|19:45 - 15:00||£18.00|
Brompton Cemetery, Old Brompton Road, Kensington, London, SW5
West Brompton (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.