Hidden behind a secret wooden door on the 3rd Floor is the Masonic Temple, one of the original masonic rooms within five-star hotel Andaz London Liverpool Street. This imposing Grade I listed room dates back to the original construction of the hotel when it was used exclusively by Freemasons of the City…
Temple Cinema - Season Two
- Masonic Temple @ Andaz London
The East End Film Festival and the Andaz London Liverpool Street Hotel are delighted to announce the return of Temple Cinema! Following a sold out series of screenings in the Andaz London's eerie, hidden Masonic Temple earlier this year (featuring The Shining, Rosemary's Baby and more), EEFF will be bringing another line up of classic chillers to London's most atmospheric film venue over the Autumn, including a screening of A Nightmare on Elm Street in tribute to the late Wes Craven, as well as The Omen, Halloween and The Exorcist.
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Tuesday 29th September
Cinema's most iconic take on the power of nightmares, A Nightmare on Elm Street is the career defining masterpiece from the late, great Wes Craven. When the malevolent Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund) begins stalking Midwestern teenagers in their dreams, Nancy begins to search for the truth in a bid to save her friends. But the answers to this terrifying mystery lie much closer to home then she thought. A classic teen slasher that has spawned sequels, remakes, and countless imitators, without any of them coming close to this scary, stylish masterpiece.
Halloween (1977) - Tuesday 27th October
The perfect accompaniment to All Hallow's Eve, John Carpenter's suspenseful tale of terror sees Michael Myers return to Haddonfield, Illinois 15 years after murdering his sister. Terrorising the neighbourhood, he begins to pursue Laurie(Jamie Lee Curtis) through the town's suburban streets. The result is one ofthe most terrifying bogeyman films ever made, with an iconic score helping to create one of the most famous monsters in horror history.
The Omen (1976) - Tuesday 3rd November
Theantichrist returns to earth in the form of Damien in Richard Donner's chilling horror classic. As American ambassador Robert Thorn (a career best Gregory Peck) sees death pile up around him, he begins to look to his own infant son as the potential culprit. But can evil really exist within an innocent child?Featuring some of the most brilliantly staged scenes in horror history, The Omen offers cinematic terror at its best.
The Exorcist (1973) - Tuesday 24th November
William Friedkin's portrait of a young girl's demonic possession was considered so frightening that it remained banned for decades, despite it winning two Oscars. Dubbed 'The Scariest Film Ever Made', it sees a mother (Ellen Burstyn) call on two priests after her daughter is seized by a terrible spirit. What follows is a battle between good and evil, complete with spinning heads and devilish visions. An unmissable film perfectly suited to a Masonic Temple setting, The Exorcist is the perfect closing film for EEFF and Andaz London's s new Temple Cinema season.
Temple Cinema Ticket
Ticket includes entry into Temple Cinema and a welcome drink.
|19:30 - 22:00||£15.00|
Dinner & Movie
Two Course Dinner in Eastway with Ticket and a welcome drink.
|19:30 - 22:00||£30.00|
Andaz London Liverpool Street, 40 Liverpool Street, EC2M 7QN
Liverpool Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.