Film Screenings, Daytime, Pop-Up, Something A Little Different
Shaun of the Dead is almost officially a British classic, but have you ever wondered about the science involved behind it? Me neither until now and now I'm a little obsessed with the idea so we've got a scientist and a couple of comedians to give you a very special science commentary of Edgar Wright's zombie masterpiece:
The Scientist: Karl Byrne Karl is a virologist and zombie expert, which makes him double cool, and then in his spare time he's a scientific consultant on low-budget zombie movies and organises the Cheltenham Science Festival.
The Comedian: Nat Luurtsema Nat has a BAFTA nomination. Nat is funny. And Nat loves Zombies. Just in case that isn't enough she's also written books, appeared on the One Show and has her own comedy sketch show, Jigsaw, on Radio 4.
The Host: Helen Arney Helen is one third of Festival of the Spoken Nerd, presenter for "You Have Been Warned" over on the Discovery Channel and BBC2's Coast, and in charge of making sure nothing catches on fire and the Science Flicktion screenings. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.