One of the most absurd comedies in the business makes its way to the Greenwich Peninsula this summer in London as Pop Up Screens present Anchorman in all its hilarious and obscene glory.
Doors at 19:30/Film starts at 21:15
THE NEED TO KNOWS:
FINDING US: We'll be in the park next to the chair lift, so on leaving North Greenwich tube station fork off to the right away from the dome and head towards the chair lift. You'll get to a road to cross, on the other side of the road there is a marble water feature, walk along side that and you should see us in the park there... we'll be the ones with the big screen!
We have lovely food and amazing popcorn on site plus there is also a fully stocked bar so you can have a cold pint, but if you’d prefer to bring your own picnic that’s ok with us but you are missing out on burgers from the guy that supplies Harrods.
We are at the O2, but we're not actually in the dome itself. We're in the parklands next to it, so walk out towards the chair lift and we're to the right of that.
Please bear in mind we’re outdoors and even the warmest days can get a bit chilly at night, so please bring a jumper or something to wrap round your shoulders just in case.
You’ll get an electronic ticket, which you need to either print off or you can show us it on something electronic.
You do need to bring something to sit on, there’s always plenty of room so you can get inventive. Please don’t bring a tent though... it’s just showing off.
Our doors open earlier than the film starts and the film starts when it gets dark.
We are at the mercy of the Mother Nature. The weather man is saying it’s going to be a nice summer, but she can be a cruel mistress, so join the mailing list or follow us on twitter (@popupscreens) and we’ll keep you up to date with what’s going on weather and travel wise.
The closest tube station is North Greenwich which is on the Jubilee Line.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
A great evening, they even provided ponchos when it started to rain! The sound was good and there was a supermarket nearby if you didn't fancy burgers. Thanks Pop Up!
visited Greenwich Peninsula on 29 Jul 2016