Fashion & Cinema: In Conversation with Janty Yates
- The Soho Hotel
We welcome award-winning costume designer Janty Yates who will explore her celebrated career. She has collaborated with Sir Ridley Scott since 2000's 'Gladiator' for which she won her Oscar, as well as the recently debuted ‘Napoleon’. Janty will share how costuming conveyed the checkered rise and fall of the iconic French Emperor, played by Oscar-winning Joaquin Phoenix.
In 2021, Janty was fortunate to have unprecedented access to the Gucci archives when she was planning the looks for 'House of Gucci', starring Lady Gaga and Adam Driver. The wardrobe also encompassed pieces from Yves Saint Laurent as well as bespoke looks put together from scratch.
Hosted by writer and costume curator Keith Lodwick, the talk will take place in the hotel’s state-of-the-art screening room and will include scenes and snippets from the designer's career defining moments, followed by a Q&A.
After the talk, head upstairs to The Soho Hotel's lively bar and restaurant, Refuel for dinner or a drink. Featuring a varied menu of British classics alongside more modern seasonal dishes, it's the perfect spot for a post-talk catch-up with friends. Tickets for the talk and dinner are £70 and include a three-course dinner and a glass of wine or soft drink on arrival.
Fashion & Cinema
Launched in 2012, Fashion & Cinema is a series of events created and produced by Tristana Media including film screenings, on-stage conversations and talks exploring the relationship between fashion and cinema as well as the work of costume designers.
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to refund or exchange tickets after they have been purchased.
In Conversation & Three-course Dinner
A ticket to the 'In Conversation', a three-course dinner at Refuel Restaurant and a glass of wine on arrival.
|16:15 - 19:00
A ticket to the 'In Conversation' including a glass of wine on arrival.
|16:15 - 19:00
The Soho Hotel, 4, Richmond Mews, London, W1D 3DH
Tottenham Court Road (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.