Adventure Films Underground
- Brunel Shaft
Adventure films, a wild cocktail garden and a shaft leading under the Thames. Watch 3 of the best adventure documentaries ever made in the shaft at The Brunel Museum in Rotherhithe. Hang out in the garden, there's a campfire, free marshmallows and street food available to buy from our on site food trader.
Arrive from 6.30 for the campfire, wild cocktails and honey beer by The Cocktail Gardener and delicious street food available on site. (Not included in the price of your ticket). The films (see below) have won over 22 film awards combined and will start in the tunnel under the garden at 7.30pm.
The Swimming Granny
The first film is about an 85 year old granny who swims every day in the sea tottering into the water with great waves all around her. She found it helped cure her postnatal depression when she was a young woman and has been swimming in the sea ever since. A short and powerful homage to the joys of wild swimming.
By Heiðrik á Heygum. 8 minutes.
North of The Sun
Two Norwegians find an islolated beach in the Arctic circle where they surf for 9 months in the dark. They build a beautiful cabin out of driftwood and collect rubbish on the beach. The ultimate hut fantasy film.
By Inge Wegge and Jørn Ranum. 46 minutes. Winner of over 21 international film awards.
And then We Swam
Two friends decide to row across the Indian Ocean. Far from being extreme athletes, neither had actually ever rowed before in their lives. But four months earlier, determined to prove their doubters wrong, they got their secondhand boat to the start line on the west coast of Australia, and set off.
By Ben Finney. 37 minutes. Winner: Best Film at the Banff Mountain Film Festival 2014.
- 3 of the best adventure films ever made (winner of over 22 film awards)
- Entry into a unique underground venue leading under the Thames
- Access to the beautiful Brunel roof garden with campfire, marshmallows, candles and lanterns
- Delicious wild cocktails, honey beer and street food available to buy before the films and in the interval.
Adventure Films Underground
|18:30 - 22:00||£25.00|
Brunel Shaft, Railway Avenue, London, SE16 4LF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be refunded or changed for other dates
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.