Chronicles of the Martini
- Covent Garden Hotel
We love a martini at Covent Garden Hotel, there’s something satisfyingly sophisticated about knowing your own mind when it comes to ordering which style of drink.
Whether you are already a martini enthusiast or looking to find your style, our intimate masterclasses in partnership with our friends at Portobello Road Gin Distillery will slake your thirst, promising to be evenings of joyous and irreverent drinking and storytelling.
Hosted by Head Distiller Jake Burger, each evening will be a deep dive into the amazing history of the cocktail, or course with plenty of drinks to be sampled.
Discover where and when this timeless classic first emerged, how to make one properly yourself, a look at some of the most famous names that have enjoyed this drink over the years, and an immersion into the culture that surrounds the drink.
You’ll learn the techniques we can use to prepare a proper martini, and acquire the correct language in order to request one in your favourite cocktail bar, the conversation will take in cinema, poetry and literary figures.
The ultimate deep dive into the world’s most enduring cocktail.
Welcome cocktail on arrival – G&T with Portobello Road Savoury Gin – accompanied by fried gordal olives stuffed with ricotta
A flight of miniature martinis:
Masterclass lead by Head Distiller Jake Burger
Chronicles of the Martini
Includes a welcome cocktail on arrival, fried Gordal olives stuffed with ricotta and a flight of miniature martinis.
|18:30 - 20:00||£35.00|
Covent Garden Hotel, 10, Monmouth Street, London, WC2H 9HB
Covent Garden (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.