Borough Market: Craft Beer Tour
- Meet outside Bar 31 at The Shard, 31 St Thomas Street, London, SE1 9QU
Discover the brewing history around the area of Borough Market on this tour. Head down to the old Anchor Brewery site and discover the history of brewing in London along the way with your expert guide. Enjoy tastings along the way of different beer styles at pubs and craft beer venues. All tastings included along with your local craft beer guide.
Duration: 2 hours (approx)
Group size: 15 max (approx)
Saturdays. Check availability to see starting times and available dates.
- Visit the site of the old Anchor Brewery, one of the biggest in the world during the 1800s
- See the old Hop Exchange building, where the hops were brought in from Kent to London
- Marvel at one of London’s only remaining galleried coaching inn on Borough High Street
London is rich in brewing history and a lot of this can be found in Bermondsey – near the area of the famous Borough Market.
We’ll step back in time to discover the local beer scene and learn how that’s changed over the years – up to modern day.
We’ll visit the old Anchor Brewery (historic site), see the old Hop Exchange building, The George Inn (now owned by The National Trust) and finish for a tutored tasting session on Druid Street at one of the local brewery taprooms.
Your expert guide will be on hand to talk you through any beer styles sampled during the tour.
Outside the Entrance to Shangri- La Hotel (beneath The Shard), 31 St Thomas St, London SE1 9QU
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Under 18’s
Know before you go
- All venues on the tour have step-free access
- At least one tasting at each stop and this will depend on the day, beers available and venues visited.
1 Adult Ticket (Over 18 years old)
|10:00 - 12:00||£29.00|
Meet outside Bar 31 at The Shard, 31 St Thomas Street, London, SE1 9QU, Bar 31, 31 St Thomas Street, London, SE1 9QU
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.