The Chasing of the Guard
- No reviews.
- Hyde Park Corner Tube Station
Get set for a royal 5km running tour of London's most iconic ceremony: the Changing of the Guard
You want to see the Changing of the Guard, but don't fancy waiting around in the crowds for hours? This 5k running tour packs in all the action as we run between all the ceremonies on display.Watch royal pageantry unfold right in front of your eyes as we jog alongside the mounted guards, enjoy the key ceremonies, track down the marching bands and discover the history behind the royal splendour. We know every turn the procession takes - putting you in the centre of the action. Beat the crowds to the best photo stops as you take in the splendour of British tradition. You won't miss a thing.
Worried about pace? We've especially designed this tour to be suitable for all abilities of runner. There are lots of breaks as we watch key parts of the ceremony, and we don't leave anybody behind. If you would like a tour that guarantees running at a faster pace and less ceremony-watching, we give plenty more tours with a higher running-to-stopping ratio. Please check out our website for more info.
"I did the Chasing of the Guard tour with Vanessa and it was a great morning! Vanessa provided a lot of details and commentary about the ceremony and had everything timed perfectly. It was a great way to get some easy running in during my trip to London- I am nearly 6 months pregnant and not nearly as fast as I was a few months ago but we kept the pace very easy and conversational. Any runners could easily adapt to the pace during the tour knowing that there will be a lot of stops along the way - and the guides are there to make sure you don't get behind! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting London who wants to see the changing of the guards but doesn't want to stand outside Buckingham Palace for over an hour to get a good spot. I am looking forward to my next visit in London and booking a different tour!"
"I've just finished a super morning run Chasing the Guard, what a great way to see all the ceremony and to learn its history and quirky habits!
Our excellent guide Vanessa was full of energy and kept us at a comfortable but timely pace to see the Guard and Bands at so many places. From Hyde Park to Horse Guards and palaces in between we covered around 5k with stops to view and take pics. Vanessa's knowledge and history trivia kept us entertained all the way and I got to meet fellow runners from around the world we had a great time and would definitely recommend to others."
"My husband and I had absolutely the best time on the Chasing the Guards Run. It was 5k and even though I’m a very slow runner it was fine because there were plenty of stops and the pace was manageable. Lizzie was really knowledgeable and we learned lots of interesting facts. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to do another one."
Includes snack, great views of the ceremonies and plenty of digital photos.
|09:15 - 10:45||£20.00|
Over 12s only. All runners under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
|09:15 - 10:45||£12.00|
Hyde Park Corner Tube Station, Come out of Hyde Park Corner Tube Station and meet on the grass through the park gate, opposite Lodge Cafe, Knightsbridge, London, W1J 7NT
Hyde Park Corner (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. If the ceremony gets cancelled at the last minute, the tour will go ahead as a guided running tour of Royal London.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. All attendees under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.