Rare Birds Market - Rag Rug Workshop - Create your own to take home for £5!!
- No reviews.
- 93 Feet East
Lucy February will be hosting this months Rag Rug Making workshop. Rag Rug Making is a great way to aim towards zero waste living. Here we will be taking recycled cloth, old shirts, silky dresses, headstock cloth and cutting it up with as minute amount of waste as possible (feel free to bring you own favourite bits of cloth or waste clothes to cut up, of a medium thickness ideally so no chunky old coats cloth ideally). Lucy will bring you all a bathroom mat sort of sized piece of foundation cloth (recycled yay!) which you have the option to draw on with a St. Valentine themed heart shaped template or simply leave rectangle shaped and we'll work away at adding as many rag strips as time will allow and then you are free to take the rest of the project home with you to finish with you own recycled rags and cloth.
About Lucy - After studying fashion design at Westminster and working in fashion and styling Lucy February began with her own organic herbal and beauty line called The Modern Witch Apothecary. Wanting to share sustainability, mindful crafting with a wider audience and also to empower people to make their own beauty products or fashion or crafts out of pure simple and few materials and get recycling and making she began hosting workshops armed with the apothecary and textile know how we can all easily use.
|13:00 - 15:00||£5.00|
93 Feet East, 150, Brick Lane, London, E1 6QL
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.