Introduction to Mindfulness
- DIY Space for London
We want our workshops to be open to everyone, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if the ticket price is prohibitive - or if you have any specific access needs you want to discuss - and we’ll do what we can to make sure you can attend
In this 4 hour workshop we will cover the following areas;
- What is Mindfulness and how can it benefit me?
- Different postures for formal meditation
- Two guided meditations (can be done sitting in a chair, crossed legged, lying down or standing)
- Mindful walking
- Mindful movement (inspired by Qi Gong & Yoga)
- Mindful activities
- Ways to introduce mindfulness into daily life
This workshop will be Mostly practical with some theory with the aim of you leaving with a felt experience of what mindfulness is and how you can practice it at home.
There is no need to have any prior knowledge or experience of mindfulness or meditation however this workshop will also be suitable if you already have a regular meditation practice.
There will be regular breaks and a chance to chat to the teacher after the workshop. This will be a relaxed environment with no pressure to take part in any meditations or activities.
Deena from AYAM (Accessible Yoga and Mindfulness) developed a daily yoga and mindfulness practice after developing chronic migraines as a disability in 2012. These practices have enabled her to manage chronic pain, stress, anxiety and stage fright (she is also a drummer in a band!). Deena has since trained as a yoga teacher with Yoga Monks and a mindfulness teacher with Zenways. Her commitment is to make yoga and mindfulness accessible to everyone.
You can visit her Facebook page here
Or check out her Instagram @ayam_yoga
What to bring?
Lunch - there is no food available on site, bring some food to share (vegan if possible) with allergens labelled - lunch will be included as a mindful activity practice. You can also bring lunch just for yourself if you prefer for health reasons.
You can come just as you are with warm and comfortable clothes or you can bring any of the following; yoga mat, meditation cushion (or an ordinary cushion) and a blanket. Please let me know if you would like to borrow a yoga mat.
96-108 Ormside Street SE15 1tf
Queens Road Peckham (Rail)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.