Fashion & Cinema: Life Journeys with Michael Wilkinson
- The Soho Hotel
The Soho Hotel is delighted to welcome costume designer Michael Wilkinson to its series with Fashion & Cinema: Life Journeys. With an array of costume credits spanning across Hollywood films and television series, Michael brings a rich and decorated career to explore.
He is known for costume credits including David O.Russell’s American Hustle and Joy where Michael’s styling saw Jenifer Lawrence’s character transform across four decades. Taking animation into live action with Guy Ritchie’s Aladdin, Michael has shown how the power of costume can give characters new depths and an insight into their backstory and inner world.
Michael's television credits include the Star Wars series Andor (Disney+), and accolades continue with the upcoming Three Body Problem (Netflix) created by Games of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D. B. Weiss.
For this special ‘In Conversation’ event, Michael Wilkinson will join writer and curator, Keith Lodwick to talk about his decorated career. The ‘In Conversation' will be followed by a showing of Michael Wilkinson’s chosen film American Hustle starring Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper in The Soho Hotel's luxurious screening room.
£35 per person including a glass of wine on arrival, 'In Conversation' and screening
£70 per person including a glass of wine on arrival, 'In Conversation', screening and three course dinner following the film in Refuel Restaurant.
Michael Wilkinson is a costume designer based in London. He has a degree in Design from the National Institute of the Dramatic Arts in his hometown, Sydney, Australia. Michael has an Oscar nomination, a BAFTA nomination, 2 Saturn award nominations and six CDG award nominations. He has won a Saturn Award, and was awarded Costume Designer of the Year by the Hollywood Film Festival in 2013. Variety magazine recently included Wilkinson in their ‘Below the Line Impact’ list of film-makers that have significant impact in their field of expertise. Michael’s costume designs also include collaborations with directors Zack Snyder (Justice League, Batman V Superman, 300, Watchmen, Man Of Steel), Darren Aronofsky (Noah), Joseph Kosinski (TRON: Legacy), Alejandro Inarritu (Babel), Alfonso Gomez-Rejon (The Current War) and Michael Mann (Luck). Michael also designed the costumes for the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games for Sydney, 2000.
Keith Lodwick is a curator, writer, and historian. He is the former Curator of Theatre and Screen Arts at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. At the V&A, Keith curated Vivien Leigh: Public Faces, Private Lives and was the V&A assistant curator for the major exhibition Hollywood Costume, one of the most successful exhibitions in the museum’s history. Keith has contributed to a wide range of publications including Oliver Messel: In the Theatre of Design, Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty and Shoe Reels: The History and Philosophy of Footwear in Film.
Dinner, In Conversation and Screening: Life Journeys with Michael Wilkinson
Join Michael Wilkinson and writer and curator, Keith Lodwick to talk about his decorated career, followed by a showing of Michael Wilkinson’s chosen film American Hustle. Following the film enjoy dinner in Refuel Bar & Restaurant.
|16:15 - 18:15||£70.00|
In Conversation and Screening: Life Journeys with Michael Wilkinson
Join Michael Wilkinson and writer and curator, Keith Lodwick to talk about his decorated career, followed by a showing of Michael Wilkinson’s chosen film American Hustle
|16:15 - 18:15||£35.00|
The Soho Hotel, 4, Richmond Mews, London, W1D 3DH
Tottenham Court Road (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.