THE WHISKY AND LIVE BLUES BURNS NIGHT PARTY (OPEN SCOTCH WHISKY BAR)
- Crol & Co
The Rhythm and Booze Project is back with their third year of (slightly late) Burns Night celebrations! Felipe and Paul are going to bring you a night full of whisky, music, mischief, and maybe even a little bit of poetry from the Scottish Bard.
Taking place in the intimate cafe bar Crol & Co in Bermondsey, this is a combination gig and whisky tasting, featuring an OPEN WHISKY BAR (you read that right) boasting a large selection of premium Scottish single malts as well as other whiskies from around the world. The boys will be doing what what they do best as a gritty duo, both as musicians and whisky professionals, providing a thoroughly entertaining and unique show.
Last year sold out quickly, and there's limited spots for both nights, so book now!
Here's the duo's official bio:
The Rhythm and Booze Project features Felipe and Paul, a duo fusing live music and whisky through gigs, tasting events, and multimedia experiences.
The project was born during a 2012 pilgrimage to the whisky capital of Islay, when Felipe and Paul played in bars and hotels in exchange for a meal, a bed, and healthy drams of whisky.
Regular collaborations since then, including tours in the UK, United States, and South America, led to the creation of The Rhythm and Booze Project, which combines Felipe's and Paul's extensive background as professional touring musicians, event producers, and passionate fans of whisky in all forms.
As a musical outfit, the band incorporates roots, folk, and blues music in a uniquely gritty mix of its own, blending hypnotic grooves with raucous energy and irresistible showmanship.
For their whisky tasting events, Felipe and Paul merge performance, live music, and multi-sensory experiences. Past projects encompass blues and whisky tasting events for Islay's Caol Ila distillery, a tasting event series in Edinburgh that saw live music from local musicians actually alter the taste of whisky itself, and building the world's first bass drum out of Scotch whisky cask from a Lagavulin barrel.
With five professional degrees between them, Felipe and Paul have an academic background to match. Felipe wrote his Masters degree thesis on sustainable distillation on Islay (conducting field interviews after Islay's Feis Ile whisky festival), while Paul holds a PhD in the history of jazz drumming and the drum kit in New Orleans.
Felipe is also a leading writer about all aspects of whisky for top industry publications including the websites distiller.com and scotchwhisky.com, and also writes about whisky for Forbes.com.
DISCLAIMER: We'll turn away anyone (with no refund) who shows up drunk or not in a fit state to appreciate the music and whisky. You've been warned.
COVID: We will require proof of full vaccination for entry to the event, and we will turn away, with no refunds, anyone who can't provide it.
|Standard||19:30 - 22:30||£65.00|
Crol & Co, 77, Dunton Road, London, SE1 5TW
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.