Gits and Shiggles comedy night
Gits and Shiggles Comedy - with Angelos Epithemiou, Lazy Susan, Rob Auton and more
Gits and Shiggles Comedy has been bringing the best established, emerging and alternative comedy to London since 2011, in that time receiving Critic's Choice from Metro, Evening Standard, Chortle, Time Out and London is Funny
BEST COMEDY CLUB 2016 - The Lost Review
One of "The best places to see A-list stand-ups in London" redbull.com
"Wonderful night... Cried laughing" Shappi Khorsandi
"If you haven't been yet, go" Rich Fulcher, The Mighty Boosh
"Ace line-ups picked by true comedy connoisseurs" Time Out
For Gits and Shiggles' debut show at Mirth, Marvel and Maud, they have assembled a fantastic line-up
The comic creation of actor and comedian Dan Renton Skinner (Reeves and Mortimer's House of Fools, Ben Wheatley's High Rise), Angelos appeared as a regular on series 6-8 of Shooting Stars and in The Angelos Epithemiou Showon Channel 4.
"Brilliantly executed anti-comedy shtick. Jokes he doesn’t understand, songs he doesn’t know the lyrics of, and an inability to show any positive emotion makes Dan Skinner’s creation beautifully distinctive" Chortle
Critically acclaimed sketch duo, Lazy Susan were nominated for the Fosters’ Edinburgh Comedy Award for Best Newcomer and were recently seen on ITV2’s @elevenish
“Brilliant sketch comedy from start to last… This is everything sketch shows should be - odd, inventive, silly and lots of fun” ★★★★★ The Mirror
“The Susans have significantly raised their game” ★★★★ The Sunday Times
“The simple joy of clowning oozes off the stage and the punchlines are hammered home effortlessly… high class inventiveness” ★★★★ Fest
Crtically accalimed purveyor of "Stand-up poetry", championed by everyone from Daniel Kitson to Jarvis Cocker, Cerys Matthew to Scroobius Pip, and with a succession of original and inventive shows to his name: The Yellow Show, The Sky Show, The Face Show, The Water Show, The Sleep Show and the upcoming The Hair Show. As seen on BBC1, BBC2 and Channel 4.
"He is entirely compelling to watch. He’s a poet/writer/talker and it’s funny in parts but that’s not the point – there is something else happening, I’m not entirely sure what it is but it’s great and it wallops you in the belly." Daniel Kitson
"Charming, eccentric and uplifting, Auton is a talent to watch" The Independent
"Poetical, philosophical, humane, completely charming and funny to boot" The Guardian
One of Gits and Shiggles favourite stand-ups, Phil has been seen on Have I Got News for You, Unspun with Matt Forde, Would I Lie to You?, Live at the Apollo, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown and The Dog Ate My Homework. He is also part of the Edinburgh Comedy Award nominated sketch group Daphne, star of their own Radio 4 show Daphne Sounds Expensive
"Closing in on standup dreamland... with this striking new show" ★★★★ The Guardian
A stand-up who is very much on the rise, Sindhu recently appeared on BBC 1's flagship satire show Have I Got News For You, and has also appeared on Alan Davies' As Yet Untitled on Dave.
"Refreshing, clever stuff" Bruce Dessau
"Her acerbic perspective and unapologetic delivery of less politically correct home truths are alarmingly persuasive." The List
Character comedian and improviser Lola-Rose Maxwell is one of the most exciting new comedians on the circuit. As heard on BBC Radio 4's The Literary Adventures of Mr Brown and The Dawson Brother's Sketch Showcase. She also performs with improv teams The Petting Zoo ("improv supergroup" Time Out), Sorry and the FA house team The Cartel
186 Hoe Street E174qh
Walthamstow Central (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.