Edinburgh previews: Meryl Orourke + Javier Costales
- Grove bar and restaurant
- No reviews.
Stand up comedy at the London authentic, award-winning, modern Mediterranean restaurant. It is just a short walk from Hammersmith tube station and the Apollo, a popular destination of celebrities, frequently visited by stars, such as: Alan Sugar, Adrian Charles, Bill Baily and Olly Murs.
Comedy night starts at 7:30pm and finishes at the latest 10:15pm, this is another one of our shows for the Edinburgh previews season and features some of the finest comedy talent. This show will focus on the talents of Meryl O'Rourke and Javier Costales. The first half will feature the talents of the amazing Javier Costales, whilst the second will feature the preview of TV writer and award winning comic, Meryl O'Rourke.
Javier Costales performs an accomplished set: his musings on whistling noses, interplanetary linguistics, onanism and oral sex follow on seamlessly as he treats us to some well thought out and entertaining material. Here is a clip of him in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef01yUCTgDU.
Meryl O'Rourke is an Acclaimed stand-up comic and accomplished TV writer, who revels in her bitterness. A potty mouthed potty trainer, she has delighted comedy audiences, written some of the best gags on telly and even hosted pop concerts (the last one to 12,000 people!)
She supported Frankie Boyle for part of his last tour, at his request. She also supported him at the Hammersmith Apollo. In his book 'Work! Consume! Die!' he calls Meryl "Inspiringly funny".
Meryl's cheeky routines of dysfunctionality get her choice gigs with major promoters. These include Up the Creek, Screaming Blue Murder, Off the Kerb, Banana, Comedy Company and The Funny Side; amongst many others. She performs 20-60 min sets, MCs and is also a popular choice for private parties and corporate events.
She runs her own club in Tooting where she is regular MC. Here is a clip of here in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSeLlJA6-o.
Happy hour + A la carte food discounts
Must show ticket at the bar to be guaranteed discounts on food and drink.
83 Hammersmith grove W6 0NQ
83 Hammersmith grove W6 0NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Thanks for your review. You've earned 10 points! Check your balance here.