New Year's Eve Masked Ball: SOHO
- Century Club
Join us to celebrate New Year’s Eve in the exclusive Century Club in the heart of Soho. Mount the one hundred steps up to the club to sip a cocktail in serene and lofty eminence over the mobs descending on Trafalgar Square. Permit yourself to be entertained by four floors of bands, DJs and cabaret performers. And at midnight amble up to Soho’s largest roof terrace within earshot of Big Ben to enjoy a grandstand view of a bespoke New Year firework show.
Our Waltzmeister TROYLUS SEARLL will waft you down the Blue Danube to imperial Vienna, whirl you round the Riesenrad ferris wheel and the whisk you to the Hofburg Ballroom, conjuring up the elegance and grandeur of the traditional New Year's celebrations at the Hapsburg court with a selection of his waltzes, polkas and gallops.
Then BIRDEATSBABY will celebrate the strange and unusual of years past with their cocktail of rock, classical & metal.
Next BUFFO’S WAKE will invite you to stomp the awakening of the New Year as they take the stage with their heady brew of death waltz, urban skank & Gypsy punk
And as 2019 lies gurgling softly to itself, BISHI the Anglo-Indian singer, pianist and sitarist, will splice hypnotic Eastern and Western avant-garde sounds in a floor filling orgy of hemisphere-hopping pop.
On the largest rooftop in Soho we present a singing and flinging, strutting and stripping, shocking and schlocking line-up of side show, drag, erotica and burlesque noveau amid two show-stopping fireworks displays including:
ELEGANCE & VIOLENCE - sideshow siren of fire, glitter and latex with a compelling fantasy of love, betrayal and staples.
FEMME FERALE - pyrotechnical artiste, whip cracker and queen of anatomical hearts.
BITTER PILL - Emperor of the midnight mass and maestro of stilts, trapeze and hoop.
TWISTED NYMPH - queen of contortionists invites you to twist again like you did last summer.
BITTER AND TWISTED - acrobatic duo stretching balance, poise, agility and trust to their limits with gravity- and logic-defying stunts.
SACHA DIEU - guru of global beats and gypsy burlesque
FIREWORKS - Pitting Soho against the River Thames we have commandeered one of London’s preeminent pyrotechnics teams for not one, but two bespoke New Year's Eve firework displays above the Century Rooftop.
HOUSE OF FLATTERY
A complimentary service where you can check your emotional baggage from 2018 and allow yourself to be admired, praised and panegyrised into 2019 by our ultra attentive attendants.
Pay your last respects to 2018 in our Life Drawing Room as LONDON DRAWING and their cast of mourners stage a pagan funeral for the Old Year. Then on the stroke of midnight, dry your tears and wet your nibs as the scene transmogrifies into a Gaelic birthing ritual to welcome the arrival of 2019.
In many ancient cultures the skin-shedding snake was the symbol of change and rebirth. So what more appropriate animal could there be for you to stroke for good luck as we ring in the New Year? And what better place to find one than in Tim Maynard’s itinerant reptilian menagerie, along with scorpions, lizards and tarantulas?
BOUDOIR OF SENSUAL DELIGHTS
Repent for your sins of yesteryear and purge your soul ahead of the coming twelvemonth by reporting to our dungeon mistress BEATRIX in our basement of debasement for correction and chastisements.
TICKETS & FURTHER INFO FROM:
Super early bird ticket
New Year's Eve Masked Ball
|21:00 - 03:00||£25.00|
Century Club, 61 - 63, Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.