Midsummer Cocktails & Flower Crown Workshop
- No reviews.
- Charlotte Street Hotel
Celebrate the longest day of the year in true Scandinavian style at Charlotte Street Hotel with a special Midsummer cocktail masterclass with Nuet Aquavit.
The Midsummer festival – or Midsommar as it’s known in Sweden, falls on the closest Friday to the summer solstice. This ancient festival with pagan roots is celebrated across Scandinavia and Northern Europe and sees friends and family come together to share food and drink. Flower garlands are worn as crowns and are often woven together while sipping Aquavit - a traditional gin-like spirit, with flavours of dill and caraway.
Hosted by mixologist James Greig from Nuet Aquavit, the evening will bring together key elements from a traditional Midsummer celebration; Aquavit and flower crowns.
Start the evening by making your own flower crown, before going on to explore the unique blend of flavours that make Nuet’s Aquavit so distinctive. Over the course of the evening, you’ll learn how to mix three classic cocktails that can easily be recreated at home: a Spritz, a Dry Martini and a Negroni.
All materials will be provided and guests will receive a limited edition Nuet goodie-bag. The Midsummer masterclass will start at 5pm and run for approximately 90 minutes.
Nuet is a Norwegian startup leading a revolution in aquavit. By combining tradition with innovation, they are bringing this centuries-old Scandinavian spirit outside the Scandi borders in ways never seen before. The company has so far developed two spirits, the Nuet Dry Aquavit and the Moments Toddy. The former is the only aquavit to ever win a gin-award, tailored for cocktails and sipping neat. The latter is the only aquavit-based toddy liqueur on the market, based on Norwegian apples and blackcurrants.
Nuet Midsommer Masterclass
Celebrate midsommar the Scandi way with James Greig, Global Brand Ambassador of Nuet Aquavit at The Charlotte Street Hotel.
During the masterclass you will learn about aquavit and how Nuet is pushing this ancient Scandinavian category forward by combing tradition with innovation. You will make three delicious midsommar cocktails including Spritz, Dry Martini and Negroni.
You’ll also get to make your very own flower crown and get a limited edition Nuet goodie-bag
|17:00 - 18:30||£40.00|
Charlotte Street Hotel, 15-17, Charlotte Street, London, W1T 1RJ
Warren Street (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.