Classes, Daytime, Food & Drink, Something A Little Different
MOLECULAR COOKING WORKSHOP
This is not your typical cooking class.
Molecular gastronomy can be defined as the fusion of food science and culinary arts. Using certain chemical products in cooking brings nothing more threatening than innovation, or, put differently, a little touch of magic that takes advantage of changes in the composition and texture of some foods when different elements are mixed together.
A DAY OF CULINARY ADVENTURE
Spend a day withJozef Youssefand learn the basics of Molecular Gastronomy as outlined in his bookMolecular Gastronomy at Home. Learn the principles of molecular cooking and hands on learning the innovative techniques. Take a mid-day break and enjoy a light lunch, tea/coffee & biscuits.
YOUR VERY OWN COMPLIMENTARY MOLECULE-R EVOLUTION KIT
Molecule-R Evolution kit is “do it yourself” molecular gastronomy kit that includes all you need to experiment at home.
HISTORY, THEORY AND PRINCIPLES
Understand the basics of molecular cooking. We take a look at how term has evolved over time and how the future of molecular cooking can be integrated into your sensory dinner party.
SPHERIFICATION – Culinary process of shaping a liquid into spheres.
HOT GELS – A gel that forms when heated and melts when cooled.
AGAR AGAR SPAGHETTI – Agar Agar is a vegetarian gelatin substitute produced from a variety of seaweed vegetation. Learn to create a noodle up to 2 m long made of a flavoured liquid.
FOAMS AND MOUSSES – Very versatile, and fun to use and eat. Whether they are called bubbles, airs, meringues, espumas, puffs, or froths, all foams share certain characteristics.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Great day. learned a lot. Jozef's passion for molecular gastronomy was really carried through, went through the theory and the application for these techniques, allowing more versatility in application unlike other cooking courses I have been on before. Great gift for a food lover
visited Maida Hill Place on 06 Jan 2016
12 Jan 2016 by
If you like Molecular gastronomy workshop, you should also check out...