Based on the banks of the Regent's Canal, the Proud Group brings a beautiful restaurant, bar, pool room and events space to the water's edge. Proud East takes over from the space formerly known as the Proud Archivist, as this Haggerston haunt combines the glorious design of late 17th century coffeehouses…
Make 'em laugh, make 'em buy; Talk like a TED speaker workshop
After a packed run of repeat workshops for Soho House, comedian and MC, Eleanor Conway, brings a whole day of public speaking training with a comedy twist to the masses. Instead of learning from one of those twee trainer types, you'll be taking advice from someone that's died more time on stage than they can remember... So that you don't have to... (You're welcome!)
Eleanor will show you how to win your audience over, build your confidence and generate humour and engagement from the get go. Tapping into the wealth of Eleanor's experience and using some of the best TED talks out there, Eleanor will show you tip and tricks that the greatest talkers of our generation employ as well as getting you up on stage to work the tips in front of your supportive classmates right from the start.
Session 1 (90 mins): Basics of public speaking; claiming your space, commanding respect, reading the audience, audience types, knowing your audience, dealing with hecklers.
Break (10 mins)
Session 2 (90 mins): Developing your stage presence style; breaking the fourth wall, likeability, breaking the ice, vulnerability.
Break (30 mins) tea/ coffee and a sandwich.
Session 3 (90 mins): Using a story to engage your audience; manipulating a timeline to highlight change, using anecdotes to futher your story, the power of individual experience.
Price includes refreshments and lunch.
Includes lunch and refreshments
2-10 Hertford Road N1 5ET
2-10 Hertford Road N1 5ET
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.