Kurious Talkk: Pandora's Box
- No reviews.
- The Library
Join KK founder Emma Sayle as she hosts a panel with some fierce female trailblazers in the sex product industry!
We’ve all been in that situation looking for a sex toy or condom with our heads bowed down hoping you don’t bump into anyone you know whilst picking up the garish bottle of Durex lube. Up until recently, most sex products out there haven’t been discrete or contemporary. The sex products industry has been and is predominantly male led.. They aren’t creating products that are subtle, elegantly designed or even remotely sexy to women. But now, we are seeing a shift in the products out there. More and more women are taking the lead and creating toys, lube, condoms and so on for WOMEN with WOMEN'S needs in mind. Products that are not only aesthetically-pleasing, completely safe but also that do the job a whole lot better.
This panel discussion we sit down and chat with Farah and Sarah, the co-founder of Hanx, Sue the managing director of Rocks-Off and Sarah the co-founder of The YES YES Company. Three true trailblazers that have created some amazing products that communicate with women!
Please join us for what will definitely be an intelligent, controversial and lively discussion.
Arrive at The Library for 7pm for a fizz reception
The talk will begin 7.30pm
About The Panel:
Emma Sayle is one of the UK’s leading ‘sex-entrepreneurs’. She made her name launching the elite global adult-party brand Killing Kittens in 2005, she has gone on to become a leading spokesperson for the female-first movement. Her passion for female empowerment is the driving force behind the KK Group, which inspires women to make connections socially, sexually, romantically and professionally, through experiences created both online and offline.
Farah and Sarah, founders of HANX are good friends from school, "so we go way back!" After school in York, they both went to Durham University. Farah ended up working in investment banking in London, whilst Sarah has moved around working in medicine, focusing on gynaecology and sexual health. HANX was born at the end of 2015, when we realised there was no condom brand out there talking to women or representing what they wanted. This was when they officially become business partners as well as friends!
Sue Walsh is the Managing Director of Rocks Off Limited the UK’s leading manufacturer and innovator of SWB and adult pleasure products. Since Joining the company in 2012 she has worked together with the company’s design and development teams and has been instrumental in taking the brand directly into the mainstream. In a business environment that had previously been male dominated for many years she believes the beneficial changes we are now seeing in the pleasure product industry in terms of style, finishes, presentation and their “coming of age” as lifestyle products can be directly attributed to female influencers.
Sarah Brooks is co-founder and formulation chemist at The YES YES Company - in 2003 she set out to ‘change the world from the inside’ with business partner Susi Lennox, after discovering that most lubricants contained potentially harmful ingredients. This inspired Sarah and Susi to sell their houses to fund research and develop a range of certified organic, hypoallergenic, body safe and side-effect free intimacy products that really work.
What is Kurious Kittens?
Kurious Kittens is Killing Kittens little sister. Both have joined forces with educators and free-thinkers to teach open-minded people about the world of sex, hedonism and exploration. Topics vary from the female body and orgasms to bondage, mindfulness, meditation and massage. Specialists relative to each subject lead our events with a combination of talks, presentations and exercises which generally lead to further exploration through open discussion.
Kurious events include:
Kurious Talkk - Open to both women and men dedicated to teaching you all something new
Bookklub - A night where like-minded women can learn, connect and engage, following a presentation from one of our guest speakers
Mantalkk - Men only! A night for men to discuss real man stuff
Workkshops - Our hands-on, interactive events will teach you new skills and practices you didn't even know existed
Kurious Nights - Social evenings at luxury venues across London. Enables you to meet new people and explore your Kurious side (with your clothes on).
Read some Kurious reviews here...
Kurious Talk: The Future of Sextech
|19:00 - 21:30||£15.00|
Kurious Talk: The Future of Sextech
|19:00 - 21:30||£15.00|
The Library, 112, St Martin's Lane, London, WC2N 4BD
Charing Cross (Tube)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.