JAPANESE STREET FOOD: OKONOMIYAKI MASTERCLASS
- Japan Centre Ichiba
CREATE WITH JAPAN CENTRE: COOKING CLASS
Experience the Kansai street food experience in London!
Learn how to make the ever-popular Kansai street foods, Okonomiyaki, Yaki Udon, and Omelette Yakisoba from our Kobe native, Kinu Yukawa.
The name Okonomiyaki derived from the word ‘okonomi’ meaning ‘as you like it’ and ‘yaki’ meaning ‘grill’.
Have fun grilling your own Okonomiyaki and Omu Soba with your favourite toppings just like how it is done in Japan.
Hands-on Workshop Content:
- Yaki Udon
- Omu Soba (Omelette Yakisoba)
- Shaki-Shaki Umami Salad
- Welcome drink
- All ingredients, equipment, and aprons are provided
Dinner of your creation will be served with a beer or soft drink
*Vegetarian toppings are also available please request upon booking
About the Instructor:
Kinu Yukawa, our Japanese Cooking Specialist & Instructor, was raised in the cosmopolitan city of Kobe, Japan. Kinu fostered the basics of cooking at a young age from her grandmother who was a chef. She later trained Japanese cuisine at culinary institutes in Kyoto and Tokyo. Kinu has been teaching Japanese cooking classes at Japan Centre since 2011, sharing her knowledge and passion for Washoku to individuals and corporate groups of various levels of culinary interests. www.kinuyukawa.com
Okonomiyaki Experience Workshop
Sunday 15 September 17:00-19:00
|17:00 - 19:00||£48.00|
Japan Centre Ichiba, Unit 0220 Westfield London, Westfield Square, London, W12 7HB
White City (Tube)
Ticket valid on the date of the event and for one person only. It cannot be exchanged for goods or cash. Electronic ticket confirmation must be shown to host at the time of the event.
A full refund will be given if cancelled in writing to email@example.com 7 days prior notice to the event. Unfortunately, no refund can be given thereafter, however, you are free to send someone else in your place for the same event you have booked.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.