Cabaret/Burlesque, Comedy, Fun Time Partying, Something A Little Different
This Bonfire Night, the National AIDS Trust (NAT ) will be raising temperatures, raising awareness of HIV, and raising income by challenging its supporters to walk on hot coals in the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens.
Should you accept the challenge you will start the evening with a ‘Nothing is Impossible’ seminar where you will be taught to control and conquer your fears in preparation for your fiery feat. But the evening won’t end there. Hosted in collaboration with the Royal Vauxhall Tavern you’ll be able to celebrate after the Firewalk with a well-deserved drink and some fabulous entertainment from award-winning cabaret sensation and comedian Myra Dubois from BBC’s The John Bishop Show. She will be taking to the stage with her sharp-witted and unconventional comedy style, guaranteed to keep the crowds entertained.
It all takes place on 5 November- arrival is from 18.15, with the seminar beginning at 18.45. The event is run by a professional company, is fully insured and completely safe. Registration for the event is £15 and we ask that you commit to raise £100 in sponsorship (which will be a breeze when your friends and family hear about your heroic feat).
The sponsorship you raise will go directly to NAT’s vital HIV campaigning and policy work.
Only 45% of people understand how HIV is and isn’t transmitted
£100 will provide 30 teachers with the free resources they need to teach their class the correct facts about HIV.
£100 means we can provide 50 young people at risk of HIV the information they need to protect themselves through our website HIVAware.org.uk.
People living with HIV face stigma and discrimination
£100 could run our Press Gang network for 4 months, meaning people living with HIV can challenge misleading and stigmatising media coverage
£100 will allow NAT to challenge 2 misleading and stigmatising articles on HIV, ensuring the journalist writes the facts about the condition.
Click here to find out more about NAT's work. Places are limited so book now to avoid disappointment. We will be in touch about fundraising once you have purchased your ticket.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
NAT (National AIDS Trust) is the UK's leading charity dedicated to transforming society's response to HIV. We champion the rights of people living with HIV and campaign for change. NAT is completely independent, so we can challenge injustice wherever we see it- always led by the issue and not where the money is.