House of Burlesque Fan Dance and Floorwork Workshop
- Academy Mews Dance Studios
Fan Dance Workshop 11am - 1pm
Learn the beautiful art of the fan dance with Tempest Rose. Popularized by Sally Rand in the 1930s, the classic ostrich feather fan dance is an iconic burlesque act full of elegance and tease. Learn the skills and techniques needed to fan dance gracefully - how to hold your fans, transition seamlessly between poses, move elegantly and classic fan moves and tips, - the class will end with a choreographed routine for you to try out your new skills. Tempest Rose has performed fan dances in some of the No.1 UK touring theatres in the country, at The Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House, The Hippodrome Casino, in New York and Paris Burlesque Festival and on BBC 1 on the prime time TV show Heir Hunters. Bring your own fans or borrow a set for the session - just select the relevant option when booking in the box below. Please bring dance clothing and heels.
Floor Workshop 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Learn the seductive art of Floorwork with International Showgirl Bettsie Bon Bon. She will teach you the the intricacies of using the ﬂoor as a prop, how to use ﬂoorwork in all types of burlesque, and expand your burlesque choreography. Award winning Bettsie Bon Bon is a headliner Solo artist and reguarly performs with House of Burlesque and at Cafe De Paris. Please bring comfortable clothes and heels. Knee pads and/or yoga mats are also recommended. All levels are welcome, but you will need a good level of general fitness to do this class.
You can attend either class or book both classes together
Fan Dance Only plus fan hire
Fan Dance class from 11am - 1pm including hiring fans
|11:00 - 13:00||£35.00|
Fan Dance Only without fan hire
Fan Dance class from 11am - 1pm, bringing your own fans
|11:00 - 13:00||£35.00|
Floorwork Workshop Only
Floorwork class from 1.30pm - 3.30pm
|13:30 - 15:30||£35.00|
All Day Ticket
Entrance to both classes, Fan Dance 11am - 1pm and Floorwork 1.30pm - 3.30pm. Fan hire included.
|11:00 - 15:30||£60.00|
Academy Mews Dance Studios, 15, Pratt Mews, London, NW1 0AD
Mornington Crescent (Tube)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.