Girl Goals Collective - Brunch Networking Event
- The Artworks Classroom
Girl Goals Collective is a bi-monthly networking brunch for ambitious women. We're a community of female freelancers, founders, dreamers, and all-round boss babes, empowering each other through non-judgemental support, mentorships, and advice. Join our Facebook group here.
This March, come and celebrate International Women's Day one week early with 60 other like-minded ladies, bonding over brunch, prosecco, and of course, our incredible female speakers! We promise you'll leave feeling incredibly inspired and ready to build your empire. Who run the world... GIRLS.
You'll be hearing from three powerful women on how they found success in their respective fields:
Ellie will be discussing:
How she started Truffle Social and scaled it into a successful business
Advice on hiring right, building a team and company culture
- The importance of mentors and where to find them
Sophia Tran-Thomson has carved out a unique path for herself, creating a lifestyle that allows her to have a professional career and also spend over 100 days a year travelling.
Sophia has an exceptional resume for a young journalist. She is currently freelancing 60+ hours a week at BBC News, and previously reported and presented for ABC Australia. Away from TV, Sophia is @curioussophia, a travel and lifestyle influencer and self-confessed bon viveur.
Sophia will be discussing:
How to build a freelance career that’s financially rewarding
How to balance the complications of having a professional career and a social media presence
- How to make monetise a hobby
Sophie Morgan is a professional dancer, model and cycle instructor based in London. She has been fortunate enough to work in a variety of areas including: theatre, commercials, television, live shows, fashion shows, music videos, modelling and boasts credits such as: MAC Cosmetics, PANASONIC, London Fashion Week, GHD Hair, QVC, Redken, L'Oreal, Magic of the Musicals UK Tour, Ministry of Sound and Children In Need.
Sophie will be discussing:
How to find and manage multiple income streams and jobs as a self-employed freelancer
Overcoming adversity in the entertainment industry
Advice on staying true to your worth
Our ladies will open up and share with you their journey - the highs, the lows and their learnings as well as how they maintain a work/life balance and the importance of female empowerment.
Girl Goals is for you if:
- You have a business or side hustle, or you're interested in starting one in the future
- You want to hear real women's stories on how they found success, and learn from them
- You're self-employed or work remotely and value your freedom but miss the office banter
- You want to meet new people and make new friends who think the same as you
- You want to carve out your own career and path in life but you're not sure what
- You want to be part of a bigger female community where you feel safe and not judged
- You want to feel inspired, motivated and empowered, ready to achieve your goals
Sound fun? We'd love to see you! Don't worry if you're coming alone - in fact, we encourage it! Make sure to wear something dressy - you're going to want to get pictures with all the new babes you're going to meet!
Sunday 1st March 2020, 12pm - 3pm
The ArtWorks Classrooms
60a Weston St
London SE1 3QJ
(3 min walk from London Bridge station)
*Please note, this is an R-18 event as we will be serving alcohol.
What kind of food will be available?
There will be a brunch-style platter, alongside donuts, baked goods, yoghurt and granola, fresh fruit, and granola. Vegan options available.
I want to come along but I don't have anyone to go with. What should I do?
Come along anyway! In fact, it is encouraged to come alone so you can make friends with other like-minded ladies.
What's going to happen at the event?
The event starts at 12:00pm, where we'll all have some prosecco and mingle before our first speaker begins at 12:30. After hearing from our second speaker, we'll break for some brunch, a prosecco top-up (and have some gram' opportunities with our photographer) before listening to our third speaker at 2:00pm. After a Q&A session with our panel, some mingling (and more prosecco...) you'll head home feeling motivated and inspired, with a goodie bag full of treats. The perfect day if you ask us!
1 x Girl Goals Collective Brunch Networking Event Ticket (includes brunch-style platter, panel talk, complimentary prosecco, goodie bag)
|12:00 - 15:00||£29.00|
The Artworks Classroom, 60a Weston St, Bermondsey, London, SE1 3QJ
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.