With views overlooking Borough Market, Arthur Hooper's has been opened in Southwark with a former Zucca chef running the kitchen. Lale Oztek has created a modern European menu that uses ingredients from the nearby market with plates designed to be shared. The venue is named after a previous tenant of…
SPANISH HARVEST EVENING
- No reviews.
- Arthur Hooper's
We have partnered with man behind Emporio Wines- Chris Garrigósto to bring a taste of Spain to South London! You will be greeted with a sparkling Cava followed by a selection of 4 different dishes alongside 4 Spanish wines. Each wine has been perfectly paired to our hit dishes showcasing the ultimate flavours and styles combinations.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT CHRIS GARRIGÓS
Chris Garrigós started working at «Bodegas Vinival», an association of 3 wineries including his family’s, in 1980 -the 6th generation of his family- to follow tradition and join the family wine business. After 17 years’ experience in various wine companies, Chris started his own company, Emporio Wines.
Over the years Emporion Wines has developed a number of brands in areas that have special recognisement for quality. They are focused in Spanish varietals, verdejo, tinta de toro, tempranillo, garnacha, cariñena, albariño… but also in blends with foreign varietals like merlot, syrah and cabernet sauvignon that have a different expression within their territory, like Priorat and Somontano.
Mas Macia Cava Brut
A delightful Cava from the second highest winery Cava winery in Penedes, owned by the same family for over 800 years. The higher altitude gives freshness to the wines, and this combined with 24 months of ageing, produces a Cava of great elegance and complexity.
Dies Siglos Verdejo
Dies Siglos is formed of 70 smaller growers, with some of the best vineyards in Rueda. This benchmark example that shows why Rueda Verdejo has become so popular.
Borsao Tres Picos
Campo de Borja is known as ‘the Kingdom of Garnacha’, as its arid climate is so well suited to producing full flavoured wines. Tres Picos is a multiple award-winning icon of the region, from the very oldest vines.
Juan Gil Silver Label
The Gil family are well known and frequently commended for their powerful but approachable wines. Their Silver Label Monastrell is a perfect example of the excellent potential of this underrated grape and region.
Juan Gil Moscatel
Moscatel from Spain is best known as rich dessert wine, however this is a deliciously dry example. Juan Gil’s Moscatel is full of lychee, peach and exciting exotic perfume, perfectly balanced by a seam of freshness.
Our chef crew is putting together a special a la carte menu for the event with a mixture of snacks and more substantial bits to perfectly accompany all the wines, expect friggitelli peppers, beef carpaccio with salsa verde and pappardelle with Duck Ragú.
Come and explore Spain's vibrant culture, through wine and food!
SPANISH HARVEST EVENING @ARTHURHOOPER'S
Ticket includes a 5 course meal and wine pairing.
|18:30 - 20:35||£40.00|
8, Stoney Street, SE1 9AA
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.