Based on St Anne's Court in the heart of bustling Soho, Block Soho is a modern chophouse serving steak, chops and seafood. Diners can enjoy a buzzing atmosphere and big flames from the open kitchen, as exceptional meat and fish is cooked over fire. The bar boasts London's most extensive selection of…
Master of Rye - Rossville Union European Launch, Tasting and Masterclass with Ian Stirsman at Block Soho
London – are you ‘rye-dy’ to try brand-new American Whiskeys?
The UK capital is chosen as the location for the European launch of two rye whiskeys
Free entry, tasting and masterclass with Master Distiller at Block Soho
Free canapés and live music from bluegrass Americana band, The Hackney Hill-Pickers
As London’s love of American whiskey continues to grow, the capital is the preferred locale for legendary Indiana-based Ross & Squibb Distillery to launch two brand-new Rye Whiskeys – just in time for International Whiskey Day on March 27th.
These remarkable ryes don’t go on sale in the UK until June - so Ross & Squibb is giving the city’s whiskey fans the chance to be amongst the very first outside of the United States to experience them.
Even better, Ross & Squibb’s first-ever Master Distiller, Ian Stirsman, will be hosting a free tasting and masterclass at this very special event - sharing his experience and expertise in distilling, ageing, and blending. It will take place at Block Soho, from 6.30pm, for one hour, before free canapés are served and live music begins - courtesy of the popular east London-based bluegrass Americana band, The Hackney Hill-Pickers.
Making its UK debut will be Rossville Union Master Crafted Straight Rye Whiskey which, aged for five years, delivers a smooth, slightly smoky taste and a spicy robust finish with a hint of cherry. And alongside it is the distillery’s bold Barrel Proof variant, with its spicy caramel taste and balanced smoky finish.
Ross & Squibb selects only the best barrels of seven-year-old whiskey to create this ultimate full-bodied spirit, which is sure to be a hit with those who savour a high-rye taste.
Rossville Union European launch
Tasting and masterclass with Master Distiller Ian Stirsman
|18:00 - 23:00||Free admission|
2, St Anne's Ct, W1F 0AZ
Tottenham Court Road (Tube)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.