Tasty drinks, delicious British inspired food & a training kitchen which helps the homeless develop skills and motivation to find employment through an apprenticeship program. If you are looking a unique venue, look no further - Brigade has something for all. With an all-day food and drinks offer…
The Social Diner Presents: Mark Hix MBE
- No reviews.
- The Brigade
About the Social DinerÃ‚
The Social Diner is a gourmet supper club with a social purpose. We invite an extraordinary chef to cook alongside our apprentices at our social enterprise restaurant, Brigade Bar and Bistro. Brigade trains people affected by homelessness to work in hospitality and catering and has employed over 100 people as apprentices.
We've had the likes of Michel Roux Jr (La Gavroche), Shay Cooper (The Goring) and Chris King (The Langham) host our Social Diner events, but now it's Mark Hix's turn.
Mark will be designing and cooking a 4 course menu alongside our apprentices and all profits will fund our training programmes.
Celebrated chef, restaurateur and food writer, Mark Hix is known for his original take on British gastronomy. He is lauded as one of London's most eminent restaurateurs with an unrivaled knowledge of ingredients.
He opened his first restaurant in 2008- the distinguished HIX Oyster & Chop House in Smithfield. He has since opened several more, including HIX Soho, Tramshed, Hixter Bankside and HIX Oyster & Fish House in his native Dorset.
He is also the author of a number of cookbooks on British cuisine which have won a flurry of awards and commendations, including Mark Hix The Collection, British Regional Food and British Seasonal Food.
Most recently, Mark received an MBE for services to hospitality, appointed within the New Year's Honours 2017 list.
This is a one-off event and tickets are limited.
A welcome drink is included in the ticket price. Additional drinks will then be available to purchase.
We will contact you in advance for dietary requirements. Please also let us know about any access requirements.
Four course menu with welcome drink.
|19:00 - 22:30||£65.00|
Open Kitchen Seating
Four course menu with welcome drink. Reserved seating at the bar overlooking the open kitchen so you can watch the chefs at work.
|19:00 - 22:30||£75.00|
139 Tooley Street SE1 2HZ
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.