Tasty drinks, delicious British inspired food & a training kitchen which helps the homeless develop skills and motivation to find employment through an apprenticeship program. If you are looking a unique venue, look no further - Brigade has something for all. With an all-day food and drinks offer…
SECRET SUPPER CLUB PRESENTS NIGEL HAWORTH
About the Social Diner
The Social Diner is a gourmet secret supper club with a social purpose. We invite an extraordinary chef to cook alongside our apprentices at our social enterprise restaurant, Brigade restaurant in the past. Brigade trains people affected by homelessness to work in hospitality and catering and has employed over 150 people as apprentices. We've seen the likes of Michel roux Jr ( The Langham ), Shay Cooper ( The Goring), Chris King ( The Langham) and mark Hix ( HIX restaurant ) lead our supper clubs in 2017.
We're excited and thrilled to have Michelin-Star chef Nigel Haworth , culinary force behind Northcote and OBSESSION will be hosting the night with us at a secret location this year. Nigel will be cooking a set course menu alongside with our Chef founder of Beyond Food and Brigade and our current apprentices. All profits will fund our training programmes for people affected by homelessness.
Michelin-star chef Nigel Haworth was born in Whalley, Lancashire, where his food roots remain heavily established today. From his initial training in Lancashire, he embarked on a culinary journey covering London, Scotland and Switzerland, before returning home to take over the kitchen as Head Chef at then Northcote Manor in 1984. By 1995, Nigel was celebrating the Egon Ronay Chef Of The Year award. Just a year later, he gained his first Michelin star, which he has retained ever since.
As a chef, Nigel has helped define the path of modern British cooking through his championing of regional produce and traditional dishes, inspiring countless others to follow his local, seasonal model. He has also become a popular presence on TV, enthralling audiences with his appearances on hit shows including Masterchef, Great British Menu and Saturday Kitchen.
For more than three decades, Nigel has been the driving culinary force behind Northcote. In that time, he (along with co-founder Craig Bancroft) transformed its unique location in the small village of Langho, Lancashire, into a place of gastronomic pilgrimage. On any given service, foodies from across the globe might rub shoulders with visiting, world-renowned chefs, and passionate locals.
Today, Nigel is still writing new chapters in his incredible story. In addition to his role as culinary ambassador for Northcote, he continues to grow his hugely successful Obsession festival. Nigel also shares his extraordinary skills, knowledge and talent through partnerships with global brands and businesses, who rely on the expertise of the NH Brand to ensure similar success.
This is a one-off event and tickets are limited. Once purchased ticket the location of event will be informed.
A welcome drink is included in the ticket price and additional drinks are available to purchase on the night.
Please let us know dietary requirements in advance
welcome drink+dinner only
welcome drink+dinner+wine flight
139 Tooley Street SE1 2HZ
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.