Tasty drinks, delicious British inspired food & a training kitchen which helps the homeless develop skills and motivation to find employment through an apprenticeship program. If you are looking a unique venue, look no further - Brigade has something for all. With an all-day food and drinks offer…
GOATOBER 2019 at The Brigade Bar + Kitchen
- The Brigade
Goatober's London launch night is being held at Brigade Bar + Kitchen!
This ticket includes 4 courses with a different Wild Beer pairing for each course. A £5 donation is included in the price of the ticket.
Dinner service: 19:00
Four chefs will work together to create a goat meat menu at Brigade, a social enterprise restaurant set in a Grade II listed, former fire station on Tooley Street, London. Joining Brigade’s Head Chef, Pete Denhart, to each cook a course is chef and food writer Gizzi Erksine; executive head chef of The Holborn Dining Room Calum Franklin and Karan Gokani, director of Sri Lankan restaurant Hoppers. The exclusive drinks partner for Goatober, The Wild Beer Co, will be providing a drink to be paired with each course and there will be an eclectic selection of their range pouring throughout the evening.This special one night only event includes a charity donation to Beyond Food Foundation in the ticket fees.
Central to Brigade’s ethos is the idea of ‘good food doing good’. Through its partnership with Beyond Food Foundation, Brigade’s chefs work with members of the local community, using food as a catalyst to break the cycle of homelessness by helping vulnerable adults in London who have been at risk of, or experienced homelessness into meaningful and sustainable employment in the hospitality sector.
Wherever there are goat dairies around the world there are unwanted billy goats with a grim prognosis. Many are killed at birth. Goatober originated in New York in 2011 and has grown in eight years to have events and participants all around the world, from London to Melbourne, from Amsterdam to Trinidad and Tobago. What started as a small campaign to prolong the lives of billy goats and to put a delicious, ethical meat on the menu has grown into an international campaign bringing together dairies, farmers, NGOs and individuals who are passionate about ending food waste in the goat dairy system.
Goatober was introduced in to the UK in 2016 by James Whetlor from Cabrito Goat Meat and into mainland Europe in the following year. There are vibrant dairy industries across the UK and Europe who want to change the practice of euthanising and Goatober is part of the solution. The campaign aims to put a goat dish on restaurant menus and to encourage people to try cooking goat at home themselves, for all or part of October.
Goatober London launch night at Brigade Bar + Kitchen
This ticket includes entry to to Goatober London launch night at Brigade Bar + Kitchen. A goat course made by each of the 4 celebrated chefs.
|18:00 - 23:00||£65.00|
139, Tooley Street, SE1 2HZ
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.