Head to Bollywood Stories to enjoy a special pop-up kitchen & bar brought to you by Deepak Yadav. The kitchen will be smashing out dishes which are of a Indian-Chinese such as starters like Bombay Chilli Prawns or Chicken Lollipops. They also have a great selection of main courses like Five Spice…
1960's Hong Kong Glamour NYE Party
- No reviews.
- Bollywood Stories
Fly Back To The 1960s This New Year’s Eve
Pull out your best lounge suit, slip on a head-turning cocktail dress and make sure your boarding passes are at the ready – Cha Chaan Teng is flying you back to the swinging 60’s this New Year’s Eve. Inspired by the cha chaan teng cafes of post-war Hong Kong, the Holborn-hotspot will be embracing a little trans-Pacific glamour and putting on a party to rival even the most lavish Mad Men shindig.
The time-travelling party will take off in the bar at 7pm with dinner bookings taken up until 9.30pm. Tickets, which translate into passports once on board, are priced at £40 per person for early bird bookings taken made by 23rd December (to also include a £50 gift card to use in 2017), or £50 afterwards and include a sparkling glass of fizz, a four-course in-flight dinner complete with trolleys of treats, and access to the night-long party with your fellow passengers.
Take your seat and make like Don Draper with an expertly made Old Fashioned, channel your inner Betty with a glamorous Gimlet or request the beautiful travelling bar to craft bespoke cocktails at your table.
The in-flight fun continues with a delicious four-course feast. Indulge in Coca Cola pork ribs and Sha Cha chicken wings to start, before breezing through to sharing plates such as sweet and sour pork and tiger prawn Singapore noodle. Build your own Bao buns will be whisked through the cabin on airliner trolleys, with a special dessert trolley of 60s classics including Pandan leaf and raspberry Baked Alaska and lemongrass tart.
It’s all fun and games with board game battles taking place opposite the bao bar after dinner. Remember your passport - you’ll be needing that now. For each game you win your passport gains an extra stamp – reign supreme at Twister or champion Jenga to be entered in a draw for a chance to win a meal for two, as well as other surprise throughout the night.
End your night with a magical midnight countdown party, complete with disco hits from the 1960s and 1970s, plus a few modern remixes for good measure. Don’t forget to get your Insta snaps in front of the restaurant’s signature DAIN graffiti wall before the flight lands.
Deliberately inauthentic, deliberately unique and deliberately cheeky – only Cha Chaan Teng will be transporting you to the swinging 1960s this New Year’s Eve.
THE NYE MENU
1. Platter of Appetizers
Prawn crackers, curried egg spring rolls, Coca Cola BBQ pork Ribs,Sha Cha Sauce Chicken Wings
2. Create your Own Baos
Crispy duck leg OR crispy pork belly shared between two:Take your combination of steamed bao buns, cucumber, spring onions, pickled vegetables, and variety of sauces to create your own Baos
3. The Main Event!
Choose ONE from the following to share between two
Whole crispy sea bream
The Chinese way of serving a whole fish on the bone brings an abundance in life to those who eat it. This crispy bream is sliced in a way to let every piece fall off the bone. Topped with our secret sha cha sauce and toasted rice crumb
Half poached free range corn-fed chicken
Poached and served room temperature, to keep the meat succulent. Topped with ginger and spring onion oil and a spicy Sichuan chilli sauce
Accompanied by our most popular mains to share for the table:
Sweet & sour pork shoulder
Our sweet and sour is cooked home-style with a balancing crunch and salty injection from the crispy pork crackling and chunks of red onion, green pepper and charred pineapple
Tiger prawn Singapore Fried Noodles
Classic curry based vermicelli noodles fried with green beans, carrots, and tiger prawns, to indulge your chiu chow chilli sauce obsession
Selection of sides to compliment:
Flash Fried Greens
Vegetable Chow Mein
Steamed Garlic Rice
4.The Dessert Trolley
A faboulous selection of retro classics
whisked past your table, for you to choose from
|1960's Hong Kong Glamour New Years Eve Party||20:00 - 01:00||£50.00|
36-38, KINGSWAY, WC2B6EY
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.