Kindred is a top-notch venue space in London, meetings to corporate events, weddings to private dining, from huge parties to small gatherings. Their recent refurbishment makes Kindred the perfect place to visit for a bottomless brunch with friends in their beer garden, or a delicious meal alongside live…
In Conversation with Nova Reid
In conversation with Nova Reid
Activist and author Nova Reid on what it means to be an ally and do anti-racist work
Join activist, author, and TEDx speaker Nova Reid in conversation on how to be actively anti-racist as an ally. This intimate and impactful event features a fireside chat between our special guest Nova Reid and our host, Dora Flowers, as well as interactive audience exercises and a Q&A.
For those who don’t experience it, racism can sometimes feel invisible — this isn’t an accident, it’s exactly how systems of racial discrimination are designed. Those socialised as white are taught to maintain these systems of oppression without thought or question, and so for them, this status quo comes to feel normal.
These learned behaviours and attitudes are so ingrained that it often takes work to recognise and correct them. Being an ally means actively doing this unlearning and reflecting on how your own attitudes, beliefs, and behaviours maintain the status quo. In other words: it means getting uncomfortable.
Nova Reid takes a thoughtful approach to anti-racist work that centres collective healing, offering practical guidance and insight on how allies interested in anti-racist work can make meaningful changes in their day-to-day life. This work isn’t easy, but individual action is essential if we hope to dismantle white supremacy.
This event is open to everyone, but is especially suited to allies who stand against racial injustice and would like to learn more about how they can do the work to oppose racism.
Alongside the discussion, the event will include some interactive elements where attendees can put what they’ve learned into practice. Audience members will also have the chance to ask their own questions after the discussion is over.
LEARN MORE ABOUT KINDRED
Kindred is a members' club focused on community and human connection
We are reimagining how a members’ club can function as the center point of our city lives: where we work, play, and seek community. Work here, eat here, celebrate here, and most importantly, connect with the people here.
||18:30 - 21:00||Free admission|
|Non-Members||18:30 - 21:00||£10.00|
|Members & 'Good Ally' book||18:30 - 21:00||£10.00|
|Non-Members & 'Good Ally' book||18:30 - 21:00||£20.00|
Bradmore House, Queen Caroline Street, W6 9BW
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.